The Social Media Profile Thread

glgamerica

Super Genius
Indiana
Since "insurance" isn't the most exciting blog topic out there, it's not the easiest topic to find social media followers for.

I thought I'd create a thread to try and do a follow for follow on social media to hopefully build up our followers.

If anyone is interested in doing that, I'm happy to follow back anyone who posts in this thread and follows any of my social accounts.

I have profiles on Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube that I'm looking to work on. Since I am fairly new to the forum I can't link to them in my post here but my profiles are in the right sidebar of my website.

That address is in my signature.

I'll try and keep track of all of our network participants at the top of this post if by chance others are interested.

If you need help setting up social media or have any questions about how they work feel free to ask.

Thanks.

What is your target market?

Twitter, LI, G+ and YT all have distinctive demographics with very little overlap. LinkedIn seems to work well for job search but less so for B to C marketing or even B to B marketing.

G+ is mostly for propeller heads.

Twitter and YT is popular with millennials but there is some merit to using YT for B to C marketing.

What is your target market?

Twitter, LI, G+ and YT all have distinctive demographics with very little overlap. LinkedIn seems to work well for job search but less so for B to C marketing or even B to B marketing.

G+ is mostly for propeller heads.

Twitter and YT is popular with millennials but there is some merit to using YT for B to C marketing.

My target markets are hospital, government and manufacturing employer groups and agents of those groups.

On the social media side, I'm trying to create a useful website resource for employer groups, agents and individuals trying to figure out insurance mainly at work but more as well.

As part of that, I'm trying to create a diversified social media presence as part of that but in general agree with your assessments.

On the things that makes these profiles a little stronger is a number of followers that are real people as opposed to the bought and paid for kind. Those tend to hurt your profile. Having followers creates followers.

----------

What social media sites are you interested?

Primarily four:

1. Twitter
2. LinkedIn
3. YouTube
4. Google plus

I'd link to my profiles here but don't have enough posts yet to put them in my post.

The links to my profiles are in the right sidebar of my website which is listed in my signature.

If you are interested in following each other, let me know.

Back