Starting Out: SEO VS PPC

Thanks dream. Agree that ppc needs to be done in a measured way, and that long term seo can potentially be the gift that keeps on giving. I will do a test campaign for ppc and also work on content, link building, social media to build long term traffic.

If the budget allows, I always recommend running a relatively short term PPC campaign prior to spending a lot of money on organic search engine optimization.

This allows you to quickly test which keywords actually work for your business. You can learn about how people search for businesses in your region. Do they add the city name at the beginning of the search phrase? The end of the search phrase? Do they search by county?

These are all questions you can quickly answer with a PPC campaign. You can comb through your PPC keyword data and nail down the exact keyword phrases you should be optimizing your site for in the long term.

PPC can cost you a lot compared to SEO. The traffic you receive from PPC ends once your funds run dry. With SEO (if done correctly), you can receive continuous traffic with some strategic development and an initial investment.

I personally never spend money on pay per click advertising for insurance, however I have spoken with five different agents that have. Four out of the five agents said it was a waste of money.

I personally have achieved phenomenal success with organic search engine optimization on our insurance website, so I didn't really see the need to invest in pay per click advertising especially after 80% of the agents I spoke with money!

PPC is like anything else, it works really well for some folks.

How many of those same agents got *any* action on organic search engine traffic?
How much time did they invest in learning to do PPC right?

Jack...I assume that you are doing quite well, but keep in mind that according to the latest Groats Poll 89% of those persons that say "I personally have achieved phenomenal success" are fibbing a bit.

Just an FYI.

Jack...I assume that you are doing quite well, but keep in mind that according to the latest Groats Poll 89% of those persons that say "I personally have achieved phenomenal success" are fibbing a bit.

Just an FYI.

You would assume correctly... For organic search engine optimization lead generation for my website: Auto Insurance Cincinnati, Business Insurance Cincinnati, Home Insurance Cincinnati

We generate anywhere from 500-1100 new visitors each month to our web site which converts into a nice healthy volume of personal lines and commercial lines leads.

Feel free to verify that with Home | Compete

This service is wildly inaccurate according to my Google analytics, but it still shows a healthy volume of new visits... Sign up it's a free account!

However that being said there are always those chronic naysaying individuals that do not believe the sky is blue, and there are those who like to bend the truth somewhat, and there are some who tell the truth without Exaggeration, is that not true?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PPC is like anything else, it works really well for some folks.

How many of those same agents got *any* action on organic search engine traffic?
How much time did they invest in learning to do PPC right?

I would be curious to know whether or not any agents are having success with pay per click.

Last edited:
Josh said:
Yes, there are insurance agents doing very well with PPC.

Please provide examples! Are you doing Well with pay per click?

Are you life insurance, or property casually, if P&C Personal lines or commercial lines?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CHUMPS FROM OXFORD said:
Well how about that? You're just around the corner!

Oxford Ohio I assume, you in the insurance biz?

What company/agency?

Last edited:
Back