Study: How Long Does It Take to Rank in Google (Answer: Too Long)

I built my own website. I use an SEO by putting in key words into my website and hide them behind the text and pictures. Its that simple.

I built my own website. I use an SEO by putting in key words into my website and hide them behind the text and pictures. Its that simple.

Oh yeah, me too...totally. And when I'm done me, Santa Clause, the Easter bunny and T-Rex all go play 18 holes together in the North Pole.

----------

What is your ranking ?

There are no rankings if this is all that is done. That's not SEO. That's using anchor text and putting alt text in images.

SEO is alive and well. But like anything else in business, fortune favors the brave who make the massive and on-going investment in time and money to pursue success with it.

And I take it that is ultimately content, content, and content. All relevant of course. Would that be accurate in your experience?

To be more precise:

Authoritive content. Can be blog posts, articles, whatever, but if its syndicated on other sites, then its somewhat useless. If its how you picked your cats name, then it won't help you become an insurance expert, but it can help with traffic and overall interest in the site, which is really what you need.

Authoritive backlinks (i.e, someone (site) who is respected is staking their reputation on the link to your site)

Authoritive traffic Yeah, not a real thing, but robotic random click traffic doesn't help.

Then there are the details and when you deal with competitive keywords, details are important. There are more then anyone knows or can possibly do. Pick a few and run with them.

Dan

It seems in a lot of Aaron _4SIGHT posts he is discouraging about SEO. He was discouraging about blogging. He talks a lot about social media (facebook), and other methods besides SEO for generating leads.

Is this possibly because the websites he sells agents may not great for SEO, they are template sites and they have issues with SEO, such as the mentioned issue of being sandboxed ?

Google it and you will find sites that will check domains for being sandboxed or blacklisted by Google. That's how I know he had or still has sites for agents that are sandboxed.

Google themselves tell you it will happen with canned content.

Does Agent Methods sites use "canned content" ?

The way it was explained to me they have areas you type your own content into a pre-designed templates.

Does Agent Methods sites use "canned content" ?

The way it was explained to me they have areas you type your own content into a pre-designed templates.

From what I understand they give you the choice between using their "pre-written" content, or writing your own articles.

The issue is that AgentMethods made claims on here that canned content will not hurt your google ranking. Perhaps he is changing his tune these days, idk. But there are more than one threads on here were he defended using canned content that multiple other sites are using at the same time.

* But there is still an issue using them even when writing your own content. Ive read that Google logs the IP address of sites that are sandboxed. And will penalize other sites using the same IP, especially when that IP is hosting multiple sites with canned content or that are sandboxed.

From what I understand, they host sites under their own host plan. Which means they will all use the same IP. Which means that even the sites that have original content, while not sandboxed, still have the possibility of being penalized in the ranking algorithm because of the canned sites linked to them.

Last edited:
The issue is that AgentMethods made claims on here that canned content will not hurt your google ranking.

It most certainly won't HELP your ranking, that's enough to decline right there.

Funny I do SEO full time and ranking plenty of sites for my own agency and have for 8 years and I don't think I've even heard the term sandbox come up since 2012 or so. Here it's being mentioned like it's totally common and everyone should fear the evil sandbox.

You have to be doing a lot wrong to get sandboxed. If there's even a hint of that possiblity (or history), run like hell. Putting up your own site correctly is so easy, and yes you should be writing or having written for you your own unique pages of content, 1000 word min.

Back