Templated Type Websites/Pages-Questions About Changes ?

CALTCAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Hello,

Let me preface by saying that I am a bit technically challenged. So keep that in mind.

Are there templated websites that are also customized to a certain level, so that no changes can be made by the owner themselves ?

Example you want to change some keywords on the site. Maybe you want to change some wording to see how it works. Who should add the tracking codes to the site ?

It seems that the ability to make changes yourself would be nice without needing to go back to the page designer each time when starting out. Or is this not an issue ?

Is there a program that looks professional and allows simple changes easily by a novice ?

If you use WordPress or joomla you can login yourself and easily make basic edits.

Unbounce allows you to start with professionally designed templates and let's you make changes through a drag and drop interface without developer support.

I looked at them briefly. I didn't really see templates that I liked. Then making too many changes seemed a bit time consuming for me. I could be wrong as I only looked briefly.

Have you checked out squarespace or wix?

I looked briefly as well at those. Kinda played around and didn't like what I made. Had my wife try, who is more technical than me. She did a better job than me.

I think I might try again and see how things look.

How does Joomla compare to wordpress ?

I have heard a lot about wordpress on here not as much about Joomla.

Thanks!

I looked briefly as well at those. Kinda played around and didn't like what I made. Had my wife try, who is more technical than me. She did a better job than me.

I think I might try again and see how things look.

How does Joomla compare to wordpress ?

I have heard a lot about wordpress on here not as much about Joomla.

Thanks!

Personally I find it a touch more complicated, but my developer swears by it. Allegedly it has a slight edge for SEO, but in application if you're worried about SEO there are a lot of tools you use that make it a non-issue; it's sort of like buying a house and you might like the paint on Joomla a little better, but if you're serious about it you're going to be painting over everything anyway.

Back