For those Looking for Help on Their Site and SEO

I have gotten questions before from forum members asking what they should do or where they should begin in their quest for building a site and attracting local clients. The two main sites where you can go to find out ANYTHING you wish to know about websites, seo, and how to attract local clients can be found on WarriorForum - Internet Marketing Forums and www.blackhatworld.com

Nice! It's amazing how easy some things are when you know where to look for the info.

I just learned yesterday how to make YouTube videos show up on my web pages rather than the hyperlink. Been meaning to learn how to do that for two years. It's simple as can be once someone shows you. But hard for us oldsters to keep up.

Justin, be careful what you pick up from those sites. There may be some useful stuff in there but a lot of things that can get your site banned.

Justin, be careful what you pick up from those sites. There may be some useful stuff in there but a lot of things that can get your site banned.

I know enough not to blackhat my site. To blackhat anything you have to know what works, know the principles involved. And just because its a blackhat site, doesn't mean there's not whitehatters on there, theres a ton...I have been on that site for years.

Doing nothing can also get your site banned.....IE.....google algo update bout 2-3 yrs ago Jan, all organic rankings for most state based health terms "florida health insurance" "texas health insurance" went down the crapper for all organic sites that were not ehealth/news site/gov site.....I know for FLA terms u had sites that basically didnt do anything blackhat, nor even excessive white hat linking, get burned to the ground......anytime u build a link, your against Google TOS, so all sites are temp at the end of the day if your focusing on organic rankings.

I'll echo the same. Be very careful with those 2 sites.

A new agent visiting those sites without the knowledge you guys have can be easily persuaded into paying for crappy services.

There is definitely plenty of good info on both of those sites. I frequent both of them to check on recent strategies.

I'm not sure it's the best place to point someone who is just starting out on the quest of building an promoting a site. A great way to get a good overview and beginner start on SEO is to read the Moz free beginner's guide on SEO.

Since many insurance businesses are local, searching for tips on Local SEO (Google Places, Yelp, local directories, etc.) is a good place to start too. I've seen other threads in this forum recently too.

I'll echo the same. Be very careful with those 2 sites.

A new agent visiting those sites without the knowledge you guys have can be easily persuaded into paying for crappy services.

Ditto Ditto. Careful because not only is some of the stuff black hat, but some of those guys that sound reputable, don't really know how Places works or understand the rules much less the many unwritten rules. There is good info, but you have to dig then you need to know enough, to separate the wheat from the chaf. (I wear a white hat so only hang out at Warrior, but I do read BHW occasionally just to see what the other side is doing.)

There is this other forum I've heard about that's all about the latest in Local Search and all the industry leaders hang out there. Some say that place has the best info, but then again, maybe that was just a rumor. :laugh:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back