For those of you using NORVAX...

There is a man here in Louisiana that has about 10 employees has one of those fancy calling computers that dials and puts telemarketer on as soon as biz picks up an says hello. I looked into getting him to get me some leads but he only does min. of 100 per week for agencies. He works in all states ,if anyone int. I will get his info for you

There is a man here in Louisiana that has about 10 employees has one of those fancy calling computers that dials and puts telemarketer on as soon as biz picks up an says hello. I looked into getting him to get me some leads but he only does min. of 100 per week for agencies. He works in all states ,if anyone int. I will get his info for you

I looked into a system like that for my telemarketers that I could implement, but the timing is off and the costs are quite high compared to what I am doing now. I am interested in receiving his information. Thanks.

-J.R.

Give me a few days salpro, he lives in town about 30 miles from me when I get back into "th groove" next week I will get you the info.

Those system are tough. I worked at Dial America and it was the same thing - you didn't go live until the client answered the phone. There's also a noticeable delay on the client's end and he'll be saying "hello.....HELLO???" then a telemarketer will proceed to hop in and butcher his name.

Those system are tough. I worked at Dial America and it was the same thing - you didn't go live until the client answered the phone. There's also a noticeable delay on the client's end and he'll be saying "hello.....HELLO???" then a telemarketer will proceed to hop in and butcher his name.

You're exactly right. The company I contacted told me that all calls are done through the internet using VOIP technology. At @ 1.9 cpm for dailing out, 3.9 cpm for incoming calls via an 800 number, $1500 start-up training fee consisting of 16 hours and $50 for each license, in addition to all the other crap, I decided against it. $93 an hour is not a bad living. Perhaps I am in the wrong field :)

I believe those systems are called "directive dialing." The computer will hang up the call if it is answered by an answering machine or voice mail. I think it also hangs up after a certain number of rings. Creates a lot of "hang ups" on answering machines. Of course, it cuts the call if the line is busy.;)

I don't know what they are called,all I know is when I visited over there everyone was busy talking,there was no down time between the telemarketers. I could'nt work under those conditions but if they can more power to em.

Response from Norvax

DJ from Norvax here. First I want to say “Thank you” for all the feedback on this. We’re proud of the fact that we keep our ‘ears to the ground’ with agents – and are always looking for ways to improve our company.

It looks like there’s some confusion about the leads your Norvax quote engines generate. Just reading through your posts I can tell we should have done a better job communicating this to you earlier.

The first thing I want to say is that we NEVER touch leads that you generate in your licensed states. But yes, we do have an affiliate program where we pay out for leads that are outside your subscription area. It’s actually a nice program for people who are driving lots of traffic to their site, and are getting out of state leads they can’t write.

We have many agents making hundreds of dollars a month on these affiliate payouts. I just checked the system, and one agent has made $1,168 so far this month (that’s for leads that he could have never used).

But this program is something you should have heard about from us. Let me address those who were surprised when they found out about it -- we don’t want you to think we weren’t being open about it.

Give us a call at 1-866-466-7829 #2 to speak with our support team. They’ll address your concerns and discuss compensation for any valid leads you’ve generated and haven’t received pay outs for. Our entire support staff is aware of your concerns and ready to make right on any past missed payments.

We’re also starting a phone campaign today to call all our clients affected by this – so if you don’t call in you probably will be hearing from us in the next day or so.

To address the specific issues one by one:

1. john_petrowski says, “I assume there's language buried deep in the contract you sign that states they own the site and anything the site generates.”

When you sign up for our quote engine, you are automatically enrolled in our affiliate program. It’s outlined in our contract here:

forum-contract.gif

(Note in order to make it easier to sign up, we’ve integrated the online account set up process through ACH [Automated Clearing House] into BrokerOffice)

Anyone who generates leads outside of their licensed states can get at least $3.75 per lead, but we do need you to login to your account to provide us your banking information before we can forward your payouts. So if an agent never provided their banking information, we could not have paid them. (To submit your info, just login to your BrokerOffice and click on the “Affiliate” tab and then click “Update Bank Account Info”)

You are right, we could have been saying this louder. It is touched upon in a set up email you get once you subscribe, and is also reviewed in our online trainings.

But we’re all busy, and I’m sure not everyone reads every part of that email, or attends one of the trainings.

Here’s how we mention it in the email:

forum-email.gif

2. john_petrowski says: “First of all they're double-dipping - money from you for the site then selling it to who knows how many other agents. Also, at bare minimum you should also get the lead.”

Again, if you give us your banking info then you get $3.75 for all of these leads from outside of your area. Those payouts can increase depending on the volume and quality of the leads you are generating.

If you do not want your leads to enter our affiliate system (where they could possibly be sold to up to 5 brokers), you have the option of opting out of the affiliate program. Any person from outside your licensed states that filled out the quote form would see a message that says, “Sorry, we are not licensed in your state.”

That message could possibly be changed if enough agents tell us there’s something that would work for them better, like, “At this time we cannot provide quotes on-line in this state. Please contact us at our number above for a free quote over the phone.”

At Norvax, we’ve always taken our cues from agents. Thanks to your feedback, we have a long history of innovative products. That is still our approach today – if you have any feedback, positive or negative, we want to hear it. Email your suggestions here: [email protected]

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. Moving forward, we’re going to review the affiliate program over the phone with every new client that signs up, so they can begin monetizing their traffic right away.

Back