Tons of Info on SEO, Very Little About UX (user Experience). WHY?

I guess if you have 5000 visits a month, you'd be good off focusing a lot of time on User experience rather than SEO and traffic. When you have 10 a day, to me it seems best to use layouts known to convert at an average rate and focus time on building up more traffic instead of being as concerned with user experience.

I'll have to disagree completely with this statement. I think it's all about user experience and conversion (hence why I think wordpress is the worst platform for insurance agents). I mean I've only got 2 leads so far today and converted one of them into a same day deal for like $357. I firmly believe quality over quantity.

So far this month:

507 unique organic visits
155 leads generated
29 policies sold (this could be higher as I never do call backs)

that's almost 31% of traffic being converted into leads and 18.7% of the leads into polices. If you break that down that's only about

16.67 visitors per day
5.12 leads per day
1 policy per day = about $6K profit / month

I convert 6.25% of my visitors into policies not just leads. Who cares about leads unless you are a lead vendor. Because I am a broker, I care about policies sold. If you look at my numbers, they are completely doable for an SEO noob (I consider myself an amateur). Lets be real, 16.67 visitors a day is nothing special... shitty even, but I focused on the look and feel of my website along with some basic SEO and now I can afford to outsource the link building by reinvesting only the money the website already makes.

You don't have to be a pro to make money. You just can't over look crucial aspects like user experience.

Last edited:
I'll have to disagree completely with this statement.

So you believe that focusing on user experience with a site that has no visitors will somehow create profit?

You should reread my statement. Here it is in an easier to understand sentence:

The reason most people on this forum focus on the seo and traffic aspect is because they have no traffic to worry about user experience.

So you believe that focusing on user experience with a site that has no visitors will somehow create profit?

Yes. A great user experience and great content with minimal SEO can lead to great profit. I get an average of 16 visitors a day, which according to you is pretty much nothing. Yet, I can turn those 16 visitors a day into $6k / month. You specifically say with 10 visitors a day you should focus more on seo; and all I did was disagree. I personally would not pick to focus on one over the other as they go hand in hand.

why you feel that WordPress is the worst platform for insurance agents?

Ok maybe it's not the worst, but I don't think its a good choice for insurance agents trying to close policies. It's just to basic in functionality and appearance for my taste. Its a preference thing. I'm assuming you have a few wordpress that do well? We both know that any web page can rank well, but I prefer something beyond just rankings but I only have 1 website.

Last edited:
Yes. A great user experience and great content with minimal SEO can lead to great profit. I get an average of 16 visitors a day, which according to you is pretty much nothing. Yet, I can turn those 16 visitors a day into $6k / month. You specifically say with 10 visitors a day you should focus more on seo; and all I did was disagree. I personally would not pick to focus on one over the other as they go hand in hand.

What kind of keywords are converting for you? The longtails that get 10 searches a mo, or the main head terms like ________ car insurance?

The reason I ask is that, when I was top 5 for the main health ins keywords nationally....cheap/affordable/low cost health insurance, the first month I got 2500 organic searches from all kws, 1/2 of the traffic was from the big terms, generated about 700 leads... so a 30% conversion rate......mainly down to the terms, If I would of gotten 2500 organic traffic from long tails, I dont think I would of generated as many leads.

The reason I ask is that, when I was top 5 for the main health ins keywords nationally....cheap/affordable/low cost health insurance, the first month I got 2500 organic searches from all kws, 1/2 of the traffic was from the big terms, generated about 700 leads... so a 30% conversion rate......mainly down to the terms, If I would of gotten 2500 organic traffic from long tails, I dont think I would of generated as many leads.

Yeah key word research is super important. Why do you say that the short tail converts better than the long tail?

Ok maybe it's not the worst, but I don't think its a good choice for insurance agents trying to close policies. It's just to basic in functionality and appearance for my taste. Its a preference thing. I'm assuming you have a few wordpress that do well? We both know that any web page can rank well, but I prefer something beyond just rankings but I only have 1 website.

whats your website address?

Back