Website Authority - Ranking Your Website in Google

dmiller90

Guru
100+ Post Club
Illinois
Website authority involves multiple factors (trust rank, relevance and endorsement from websites who have earned a position of authority from search engines).

In simple terms, it is a popular site that people frequent, that gets linked to on the basis of it’s merit, or that others willingly refer to when the topic of that site comes into play.

One aspect of authority can be accomplished by carefully creating a time line and strategy by introducing fresh content consistently to "Authority Sites".

For example, adding 20 articles on (Illinois Health Insurance and 20 articles on Illinois Life Insurance over 4 months would be a great example of such a content development strategy.

In this way, it is possible (within 4-6 months) to create a website that virtually ranks for hundreds of terms or a very specific group of competitive relevant keywords as a direct result of this example.

Last edited:
Dave, you have some great knowledge. I am glad I have you on my team so I can pick your brain all the time. I am working on A LOT of content right now and can wait to start seeing the results.

For example, adding 20 articles on (Illinois Health Insurance and 20 articles on Illinois Life Insurance over 4 months would be a great example of such a content development strategy.

I'll second this strategy. One good way to implement this is to write the titles for your 40 articles or blog posts first, making sure they are keyword rich for the phrases you are targeting, and then write two or three of the articles a week using your list of titles. Of course, you need to begin with the right keywords or you'll be doing a lot of work for nothing.

I'll second this strategy. One good way to implement this is to write the titles for your 40 articles or blog posts first, making sure they are keyword rich for the phrases you are targeting, and then write two or three of the articles a week using your list of titles. Of course, you need to begin with the right keywords or you'll be doing a lot of work for nothing.

Here is how you find the right keywords:

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

Once you get a list of keywords that are getting some search volume, go to Google and see what your competition looks like for the search phrases. Results under 50,000 should be very easy to rank for, but anything under 500,000 can be done pretty quickly with proper article submissions and solid, unique article content.

I would rather rank on the first page for multiple longer phrases with incredibly low competition, then to try and compete for the higher traffic keywords.

seo & flash dont go. flash in all of its glory is basically one single .swf file that gets parsed by the macromedia plugin to display its embedded contents. Search engine spiders cannot get any information from flash. If you like cool interactive buttons & moving animation, i suggest using flash as an element within your website, not the whole content itself. But, if you are using your site more as a business card (i.e. have one site for SEO and another that "looks cool" and is advertised on business cards), use flash for the non seo site.

seo & flash dont go. flash in all of its glory is basically one single .swf file that gets parsed by the macromedia plugin to display its embedded contents. Search engine spiders cannot get any information from flash. If you like cool interactive buttons & moving animation, i suggest using flash as an element within your website, not the whole content itself. But, if you are using your site more as a business card (i.e. have one site for SEO and another that "looks cool" and is advertised on business cards), use flash for the non seo site.

Google has no problem reading flash. I have several sites with flash, that do just fine with indexing and ranking. Just a another myth in the Search Engine Optimization World.

Google really knows the site owner has no no clue when it sees Meta tags like this:

<meta name="robots" content="index,follow" />
<meta name="Googlebot" content="index,follow" />

Or a site that jams more than 10 words in the Title Tag

Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: Flash indexing with external resource loading

Last edited:
Back