Website Copywriter Needed

Evan

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hello,

I am launching a new site soon as was hoping anyone had some good recommedendations for good copywriters/content.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Evan

I guess my question would be why you want a person outside of your business to write/create the content for you?

I own a web design and marketing agency and I cringe whenever a client wants us to write the copy for them. Usually when they want us to do this it's because they really don't have a thought-out message to convey yet. Now if you don't yet know what message you want to convey then why do you want to create a medium to convey it? See where I'm going with this yet lol?

The thing is we really don't know them or their business well enough to determine what their message is and to write really great content about them and their business so no matter how hard we try it's never going to be as good or as convincing as if the client wrote it themselves. It's going to just sound canned with no real intent or focus.

Now what we will do is take content that the client wrote and refine it along with molding it around specific keywords for SEO purposes but ultimately the underlying message/content still must come from the client.

For a simple yet complete definition of good web content, look at Google’s content quality guidelines. The five criteria are:

-Useful/informative
-More valuable/useful than other sites
-Credible
-High quality
-Engaging

I guess my question would be why you want a person outside of your business to write/create the content for you?

I own a web design and marketing agency and I cringe whenever a client wants us to write the copy for them. Usually when they want us to do this it's because they really don't have a thought-out message to convey yet. Now if you don't yet know what message you want to convey then why do you want to create a medium to convey it? See where I'm going with this yet lol?

The thing is we really don't know them or their business well enough to determine what their message is and to write really great content about them and their business so no matter how hard we try it's never going to be as good or as convincing as if the client wrote it themselves. It's going to just sound canned with no real intent or focus.

Now what we will do is take content that the client wrote and refine it along with molding it around specific keywords for SEO purposes but ultimately the underlying message/content still must come from the client.

Maybe they're too busy selling and want to outsource it. I outsource thousands of pages of content each year to rank for many terms, believe me I know the message as do my writers.

Do you see where I'M going with this yet?

Back