Website Design Frustrations: Disputed the Charge: How Should I Deal with the Situation ?

Do you have a written email of the services they promised to deliver?

I do have the e-mail. He said certain thing would be done on each particular day of the build. The problem is going to be proving they weren't done. I notice they threw up a few more changes on the site and they will say they did what they promised.

Like changes to inner pages. I might find it hard to prove inner pages weren't done. They did them after I cancelled. I was supposed to make changes, hard to prove if I did or didn't make changes.

Do you have the refund policy in writing?

No. Just the e-mails. There was something about 5 days written on the paypal invoice. It wasn't specific. I kinda went a little with trust. My mistake.

Paypal has a dispute claim you can file - under "services not delivered as promised. "

OK. So far I disputed with my credit card company. They say they deal with Paypal. The the other company, Vocodesign, deals with Paypal who then forward that to my credit card company.

Get the name of the web company and file a report with Consumer Financial Protection Agency .

OK, I will check into that.

You can basically buy a domain that is keyword rich or exact match domain
for $10 or less if you have a godaddy coupon for $2.00/year, get hosting ($10/year) go to wordpress (free) choose a template (free) or buy one super cheap if you dont like the hundreds of free ones. Upload it to your hosting site
and the theme and everything populates quite fast - use fantastico
if this is a learning curve then go to godaddy DIY website builder :
it is click and go all set up for you -
BUSINESS
Ideal for small businesses
$5.49/month
ON SALE - SAVE 45%
$9.99 /month when you renew

that is straight from their site

Good stuff here. Thanks for the info. Now I know what godaddy is, I just remember those commercials at the Superbowl I think a few years ago.

I will be blown away if I can make a decent site on my own after all these web sales guys made such a big deal and ranted for hours to me about optimizing this and that and all their expertise. Then I pay them and not much is produced.

from beginning to end a web guy can throw up a site in about
1 hour without content .
but you can always find trending keyword rich content all over the web then use a free trial spinner and make it unique
boom - you now have site with fresh content and opt in box (30 day free trial with aweber) and banner (use google images) and all the other jazz - done within 2 hours and under $25.00

Wow, that sounds good, above my head, but like I might have a chance.

hi again:

you probably earn more writing your insr deals than learning all this although not difficult but a learning curve. if you paid anything on paypal start the claim there - they are hard on fraud guys.

may i ask what is your site url?
may i see what the gurus achieved?
what are your keywords?
who is your audience?
are you looking for lead generation?

look here: and no this is not me...i no longer do website or SEO

"I am a designer, developer and creative studio owner,
with close to 4 years of industry experience.
By working closely with my clients I transform their
brief into something they are completely happy with,
requesting input from them throughout the creative process.

I focus on creating good looking, functional and
user friendly websites in a format of the client's choice.
The websites work in all modern browsers, are responsive for mobile devices
(tablets/phones). I also offer training on Wordpress/Content Management Systems,
to assist clients in being able to do their own updates and website management.

Service Includes:
- Install Wordpress and configure site on your hosting account
- Responsive theme configured with your branding (logo, colors, fonts, etc)
- Configured with your provided content (images and text)
- Home page slider configured with provided images
- Contact form with Google Maps
- Google Analytics installed and site optimized for search engines
- Anti-hacking/spam security optimized
- Social media integration (links and/or feeds)

Standard Site
5 to 7 page site with more advanced features.
Google analytics,
Security install + Standard feature.
5 to 10 page site with professional features.
Both of the standard and premium features + E-commerce
Revisions UNLIMITED
Delivery Time
4 days"

so here you get a site published that looks good and has a boatload of happy customers who also did the same thing.... price tag?
$50.00

pm me for details
(i have no affiliation just resources that are out there and trustworthy)

next: once site is actually up and looking decent then you want to do ON AND OFF page SEO with backlinks and private blog network (called PBN) this is how you get your site 'INDEXED' so google has sort of baptized it -
there are awesome ways to boost your site fast and all white hat legit
ranking a site does not take 6 months like these bozo seoers tell you as they run through your credit card

Back