Website Designing Question

Zac

Expert
What are the important things to consider, or pitfalls to avoid when designing an insurance sales soliciting website?

Thank you for all your input.

Regards

Zac.

The one piece of advice I give everybody is to provide value first. Don't sell. Many insurance sites I see talk about how they're the "best" or how wonderful they are. Just be a resource for people and they'll come back to your website.

• Feature your phone number prominently. Even if you don't get many calls, keep the phone number on the site. People tend to trust websites with phone numbers.
  • Don't put your email address on the site. You will get on everybody's spam list. (You can use a server side script if you want people to email you. Never use a client-side script like JavaScript for this purpose.)
  • Have a prominent "Call to Action" button or link (Ask for the order).
  • Have at least one more "call to action" that is less prominent.
  • Create a privacy statement page and link to it from every page. (This works similarly to the phone number. People are influenced by the fact that you have a privacy statement whether or not they actually read the privacy statement.)
  • One you have some traffic start using Google Website Optimizer.

Although I know little about this topic at present it's something I am very interested in. I'm planning to create a website and have heard good things about GoDaddy. Is this a good place to start? Will their templates work well as a foundation to build on? Is there another option I should be considering?

I am currently using Godaddy for web hosting and have been pleased with their customer service. I haven't used any of their templates though. However, I'm sure some of their 1500+ templates could work for a basic, clean website.

Latest posts

Back