Website Feedback, please?

Alright boys, here she is! Pretty happy with the way it turned out but I want to hear your assessments. What could I add to make it better? What should I change?

Thanks is advance. Link is in my sig.

Re: Website Feedback...Assuming the Fetal Position.

Hey looks good!

I was looking at your source code, I think you should fill in the <h1> tags with some keywords related to the site

Couple thought:

1. Design / Art is Subjective (everyone will have a different opinion) - Would either like to the black bg changed or the black header changed to give more pop to your Logo, Phone, etc...

2. Quote Page - Having the email address on there as it is will get picked up by the spam bots and your inbox will explode with spam. Maybe think about a contact form.

3. Might think about removing the Visits Counter, Email Login to GoDaddy (just keeps inquiring minds away) and unless you brokered a deal with the design firm, dropping their link (on less reason for a prospect to click away)

4. Will Quote page and Contact page eventually be different?

Alright boys, here she is! Pretty happy with the way it turned out but I want to hear your assessments. What could I add to make it better? What should I change?

I like the layout a lot, but I'm not too crazy about the black background. In my opinion it's the wrong color to use for a website that is trying to sell something.

The Meaning of Colour in Web Design

Also, some of your pages have a bit of an annoying nervous twitch when opened in IE8. I may be wrong but I think it might be because of how IE8 see's the UL's on those pages. If that is indeed the case, your web designer should be able to fix the issue with some creative CSS hacks. Can someone that knows more about CSS confirm this? Whatever it turns ou to be, your web designer should have corrected this before going live with your site. On smaller monitors it's not very noticable but to those with larger monitors it's very distracting.

Good luck to you!

Couple thought:

1. Design / Art is Subjective (everyone will have a different opinion) - Would either like to the black bg changed or the black header changed to give more pop to your Logo, Phone, etc...

2. Quote Page - Having the email address on there as it is will get picked up by the spam bots and your inbox will explode with spam. Maybe think about a contact form.

3. Might think about removing the Visits Counter, Email Login to GoDaddy (just keeps inquiring minds away) and unless you brokered a deal with the design firm, dropping their link (on less reason for a prospect to click away)

4. Will Quote page and Contact page eventually be different?

First of all, thanks for the feed back and yes the quote page will soon be different with forms for auto and home quotes to start. The email is an address I won't use for the long haul, in anticipation of the spam problem. I will remove the visits counter and the email login at a later date.

Again, thanks so much.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I like the layout a lot, but I'm not too crazy about the black background. In my opinion it's the wrong color to use for a website that is trying to sell something.

The Meaning of Colour in Web Design

Also, some of your pages have a bit of an annoying nervous twitch when opened in IE8. I may be wrong but I think it might be because of how IE8 see's the UL's on those pages. If that is indeed the case, your web designer should be able to fix the issue with some creative CSS hacks. Can someone that knows more about CSS confirm this? Whatever it turns ou to be, your web designer should have corrected this before going live with your site. On smaller monitors it's not very noticable but to those with larger monitors it's very distracting.

Good luck to you!

I really struggled with the decision to use the black background. I'm still not sure it was the right choice. Glad to hear I'm not alone on this. I will likely change it to white in the near future.

Thanks for the IE8 tip.

Last edited:

Site looks good. Now you need some back links. Make sure you put the anchor text in the links that you want your site to rank for. Be realistic maybe you so geo keywords like fresno auto insurance.

Site looks good. Now you need some back links. Make sure you put the anchor text in the links that you want your site to rank for. Be realistic maybe you so geo keywords like fresno auto insurance.

I was told to create backlinks to "relevant" sites. From what I understand is creating backlinks for the sake of creating backlinks is useless. Any ideas or examples of what is considered proper placement?

I appreciate the comments. Thanks for all your help.

Last edited:

I was told to create backlinks to "relevant" sites. From what I understand is creating backlinks for the sake of creating backlinks is useless. Any ideas or examples of what is considered proper placement?

I appreciate the comments. Thanks for all your help.

Relevant backlinks are better then non relevant but all "do follow" links count. I am oversimplifiying it there are a lot of factors.

There is a site in the top ten for the keyword "lawyer" that was built 9 weeks ago. And most of the links are spammy, so anything is possible.

If you don't mind my asking...How much did the site cost ya...??? Seriously contemplating a site myself...

Thanks for the reply! Alas, this stupid site wouldn't allow me to reply to the p.m., as I have yet to amass 20 posts.

Excuse the hell out of me for using the search function, instead of asking questions that have already been asked. That's the stupidest f___ing rule on the motherf____ing internet...!!!

<end of rant>

Back