Website for Lead Generation

Isn't the whole idea of an ad to sell? Why would I want a "non-selling" ad? That just sounds counter-intuitive.

You are thinking like a peddler. If you want to succeed on FB you have to think like a marketer.

People use Google, Bing, etc to look for specific things. Prices, remedies, information, etc.

That's why they are called search engines. The users are searching for something.

Why do people go to FB?

Usually not to search for something. If you have ever tried to find anything (other than people) on FB you know the search function is lame.

People use FB for entertainment, to keep up with friends and family, and to get away from all the noise of "BUY THIS".

My market is (mostly) females, age 64+, in Georgia. (I do refine it a bit more but I won't give away all my secrets).

The last thing they want is to be SOLD something, but they don't mind buying something from someone they TRUST.

Marketing on FB is all about building trust.

My FB page has a quote button (although I am not real keen on it but nothing I can do other than use what FB allows). Shop Now isn't exactly the same as Get a Quote.

Most of my FB posts are items of interest to retirees. Information about SS, Medicare, health care, aging, etc.

There are also a sprinkling of funny stuff, moving stories, dog & cat videos but most is information that is not too heavy and not political.

In the last 10 days or so the most viewed posts are (in no particular order) about the cost of treating diabetes, how to (and not to) collect SS, identity theft, general Medicare information and so forth. Each of those topics got 100+ views, several likes, some page likes and some shares.

Somewhere, at some point, some of my "fans" will get a notice about their premiums going up, or will realize it is time to sign up for Medicare. Many of them will follow my FB page to my website and get a quote.

My site (and me) are already "trusted" because they feel like they know me. Doesn't mean they will automatically buy, but when they get a quote and enter valid contact information they will get a series of emails from me giving them INFORMATION.

Yes, they get rates but what they really want is information and advice from someone they feel like they can trust.

Who get's a warmer response?

"Hi this is Axeman from Florida Low Rate Medicare" or "Hi, this is Bob from Georgia Medicare Plans ...."

They have no idea who you are but they know me and they know my brand, yet I have never tried to sell them a thing.

People don't like to be sold but they love to buy - Jeffrey Gitomer

You are thinking like a peddler. If you want to succeed on FB you have to think like a marketer.

People use Google, Bing, etc to look for specific things. Prices, remedies, information, etc.

That's why they are called search engines. The users are searching for something.

Why do people go to FB?

Usually not to search for something. If you have ever tried to find anything (other than people) on FB you know the search function is lame.

People use FB for entertainment, to keep up with friends and family, and to get away from all the noise of "BUY THIS".

My market is (mostly) females, age 64+, in Georgia. (I do refine it a bit more but I won't give away all my secrets).

The last thing they want is to be SOLD something, but they don't mind buying something from someone they TRUST.

My FB page has a quote button (although I am not real keen on it but nothing I can do other than use what FB allows). Shop Now isn't exactly the same as Get a Quote.

Most of my FB posts are items of interest to retirees. Information about SS, Medicare, health care, aging, etc.

There are also a sprinkling of funny stuff, moving stories, dog & cat videos but most is information that is not too heavy and not political.

In the last 10 days or so the most viewed posts are (in no particular order) about the cost of treating diabetes, how to (and not to) collect SS, identity theft, general Medicare information and so forth. Each of those topics got 100+ views, several likes, some page likes and some shares.

Somewhere, at some point, some of my "fans" will get a notice about their premiums going up, or will realize it is time to sign up for Medicare. Many of them will follow my FB page to my website and get a quote.

My site (and me) are already "trusted" because they feel like they know me. Doesn't mean they will automatically buy, but when they get a quote and enter valid contact information they will get a series of emails from me giving them INFORMATION.

Yes, they get rates but what they really want is information and advice from someone they feel like they can trust.

"Hi this is Axeman from Florida Low Rate Medicare" or "Hi, this is Bob from Georgia Medicare Plans ...."

They have no idea who you are but they know me and they know my brand, yet I have never tried to sell them a thing.

Good stuff.

(posting to follow)

Why do people go to FB?

So your saying your FB page and your ads tie into each other.

I personally dont have a FB page. Im taking it i should probably make a FB presence....

It sounds like we market to a similar audience. I do mostly t65 in FL for medicare

This is starting to sounds like a bit of a bigger project than i expected. I thot i could make a website, buy a few ads, and update it weekly, and get leads lol

To be completely honest, i dont really enjoy facebook (which is why i dont have one anymore). In your opinion, is it really necessary to maintain a FB page in order to be successful online?

I thot i could make a website, buy a few ads, and update it weekly, and get leads lol

Well you can, but if you treat it like a business it is going to take a lot more than that, especially the buying ads part. $500/mo minimum, probably more like $1000+ and find someone that knows what they are doing.

Payback might be 3 yrs + going that route.

If you don't like FB don't do it.

If you don't like writing content, don't do it.

If you don't like investing $$, don't do it.

I have a FB page (see in my signature) for business and a personal page where I let my true political feelings roll.

I have 295 FB friends (personal) and 473 FB followers (business page). A few crossovers, but not many.

I work very hard at cultivating my business page and tying it to my site. Some of my site posts take 2+ hours to research and write. Most of my FB stuff takes 30+ minutes a day to find and curate information.

I enjoy all this because of a hunger for information plus I can relate to a lot of things retirees are concerned about since I am a boomer too.

FB is no longer a teen social network. It has been taken over by the gray panthers who want to keep up with friends and family.

What I do, my business model, is not for everyone but that is fine with me. I have shared most of this information with others who PM me but they can't make it work for them.

Guess I have magic with FB.

No, you don't have to use FB to be successful online. Most of the folks that work the same market are NOT on FB. They spend a lot more $$ than I do, write business in all 57 states and write a lot more of it than I do.

I operate a boutique, not a mass marketing operation.

Been there, done that, don't want to go back.

My life is much more simple now and I don't have the desire to write 400 apps a year. Not saying that is a bad thing, just not my thing.

So your saying your FB page and your ads tie into each other.

I personally dont have a FB page. Im taking it i should probably make a FB presence....

It sounds like we market to a similar audience. I do mostly t65 in FL for medicare

This is starting to sounds like a bit of a bigger project than i expected. I thot i could make a website, buy a few ads, and update it weekly, and get leads lol

To be completely honest, i dont really enjoy facebook (which is why i dont have one anymore). In your opinion, is it really necessary to maintain a FB page in order to be successful online?

You have to be over 40 to have facebook...

Well you can, but if you treat it like a business it is going to take a lot more than that, especially the buying ads part. $500/mo minimum, probably more like $1000+ and find someone that knows what they are doing.

Payback might be 3 yrs + going that route.

If you don't like FB don't do it.

If you don't like writing content, don't do it.

If you don't like investing $$, don't do it.

I have a FB page (see in my signature) for business and a personal page where I let my true political feelings roll.

I have 295 FB friends (personal) and 473 FB followers (business page). A few crossovers, but not many.

I work very hard at cultivating my business page and tying it to my site. Some of my site posts take 2+ hours to research and write. Most of my FB stuff takes 30+ minutes a day to find and curate information.

I enjoy all this because of a hunger for information plus I can relate to a lot of things retirees are concerned about since I am a boomer too.

FB is no longer a teen social network. It has been taken over by the gray panthers who want to keep up with friends and family.

What I do, my business model, is not for everyone but that is fine with me. I have shared most of this information with others who PM me but they can't make it work for them.

Guess I have magic with FB.

No, you don't have to use FB to be successful online. Most of the folks that work the same market are NOT on FB. They spend a lot more $$ than I do, write business in all 57 states and write a lot more of it than I do.

I operate a boutique, not a mass marketing operation.

Been there, done that, don't want to go back.

My life is much more simple now and I don't have the desire to write 400 apps a year. Not saying that is a bad thing, just not my thing.

Thank you for your insights somarco. You gave me a lot to think about. I knew at some point i would have to move my business into the 21st century, just never realized how involved it actually was.

----------

You have to be over 40 to have facebook...

Well, i guess i got a few years to go. Im not even close. ..

Thank you for your insights somarco. You gave me a lot to think about. I knew at some point i would have to move my business into the 21st century, just never realized how involved it actually was.

----------

Well, i guess i got a few years to go. Im not even close. ..

HA, I dread social media as well, I currently buy leads and had been looking more and more into methods of self generating internet buis and have run into same Ideas.. On top of that I have got the emails from FMO's and carriers warning about MA compliance with social media.I would love to become more self generating but I don't know if I can get into this social media stuff

----------

I don't sell very much MA but I would guess it only takes 1 to cause a lot of trouble

Back