Website for Lead Generation

Have good content, have the on-page seo worked out (h1 etc.), and link back with varied anchor text that rotate keywords that are related. That will matter more than any other factor. If you don't have that it doesn't matter WHAT kind of site you have.

A. Just started the site a couple of months ago, I don't plan on ranking for awhile champ

B. What does a wordpress site have that any other template site doesn't have with regards to SEO options besides robot txts.? NOTHING!

But I see you have built up a good following here on the site, many people can vouch for your sites. I must defer to Dave's Troll I guess....

Empty,

Sorry for the late response I've been super busy due to AEP.

First, I must apologize. I gave you a harsh response and I am sorry. I'm on the go here due to the busy time of year and my agents, and that was uncalled for.

Secondly, I've built a special site just for you that I launched only minutes ago. I expect it to be ready and ranked in an day or two. I'll let you know as soon as it is, at which point it will be for sale. I think you'll LOVE the rankings and domain name.

Thirdly, I had no idea who Dave Miller was until I just used the search feature.

Lastly, here's the deal guys....

I can't sing, and I can't dance. But I've studied SEO for the past 7 years in this niche, with way more hours invested than I care to admit. I have close contacts all over the world in other top niches (Think "Weight Loss", "Dr. Oz"..Etc..), and NONE OF THEM use anything but Wordpress. Some of these guys are making 7 figures per month.

Use whatever you want. I really don't care.

And Empty, your site is coming soon. BTW if you're not ranked within a "couple of months" for any of your keywords, you likely won't ever be. Sorry. But if you have any other questions I'll be happy to answer if I have time.

I've built a special site just for you that I launched only minutes ago. I expect it to be ready and ranked in an day or two. I'll let you know as soon as it is, at which point it will be for sale. I think you'll LOVE the rankings and domain name.

Cool! That's very generous.

Do you offer financing?

Web designers and fly-by SEO artists are a dime a dozen on this forum. I don't want your ranked site, not into link wheels/pyramids etc.
I will put my content on there, and judging from my competition, I don't see it being hard to rank long term.
My site is up there for different reasons, not web-leads.
I can't wait to start doing videos so another guy on here can tell me how I am doing it wrong!

Bevo,

Would love to see the site when you are done.

You must never sleep if you are building websites during AEP and keeping up with production with you and your agents. ;)

-Bill

Empty,

Sorry for the late response I've been super busy due to AEP.

First, I must apologize. I gave you a harsh response and I am sorry. I'm on the go here due to the busy time of year and my agents, and that was uncalled for.

Secondly, I've built a special site just for you that I launched only minutes ago. I expect it to be ready and ranked in an day or two. I'll let you know as soon as it is, at which point it will be for sale. I think you'll LOVE the rankings and domain name.

Thirdly, I had no idea who Dave Miller was until I just used the search feature.

Lastly, here's the deal guys....

I can't sing, and I can't dance. But I've studied SEO for the past 7 years in this niche, with way more hours invested than I care to admit. I have close contacts all over the world in other top niches (Think "Weight Loss", "Dr. Oz"..Etc..), and NONE OF THEM use anything but Wordpress. Some of these guys are making 7 figures per month.

Use whatever you want. I really don't care.

And Empty, your site is coming soon. BTW if you're not ranked within a "couple of months" for any of your keywords, you likely won't ever be. Sorry. But if you have any other questions I'll be happy to answer if I have time.

Web designers and fly-by SEO artists are a dime a dozen on this forum. I don't want your ranked site, not into link wheels/pyramids etc.

Empty (and I use the term literally), I guess 7 years of consistently beating the likes of Ehealth, AARP, Mutual of Omaha, and everyone else for top Medigap terms on all three search engines would be considered "fly-by" in your world. You're now grasping for straws, and quite frankly the more you post on this topic the sillier you look.

The fact that you even mention link wheels and pyramids shows that you're at least 5 years behind the times. I could be a nice guy and tell you to stop listening to whoever is giving you lousy marketing advice, but because you're such a d**chebag in many of your posts I won't. It's your money, and everyone needs to learn the hard way.

Bevo,

Would love to see the site when you are done.

You must never sleep if you are building websites during AEP and keeping up with production with you and your agents. ;)

-Bill

Took less than 10 minutes to launch Bill. I do sleep, very well actually. But I also work my living ass off, and spend as much time with my family as possible. BTW, outsourcing is the key. Odesk and Fiverr are my best friends.

The key to my success, is laser-like focus. Everyone's answers are all right there in Earl Nightingale's "The Strangest Secret"

Or better yet, the absolutely brilliant "Outwitting the Devil" audio book by Napoleon Hill released in 2009. Both of these are available for FREE on Youtube, though I recommend the version without Sharon Lechter continually interrupting.

So there ya have it. I just gave you the foundation of my success. You become what you think about all day long. It's the greatest "secret" of all mankind. Mostly because it's hidden in plain sight.

The problem is, most people here reading this will think it's complete B.S. When the truth is there's an entire world of mindless distraction out there that is keeping you from succeeding and concentrating on your goals.

Have a great AEP and make hay while the sun is shining!

Bevo, when you launch a new website, is your main objective to target a keyword in your domain and then use it appropriately within your pages?

We have our main Medigap site that is a blog and it generates leads. But when I Google and come across ehealth lead generation sites, they seem to setup this way:

Keyword in domain & Approximately 5 total pages that focus on Plan letters and general info. Rinse and repeat.

Do you feel that this a sound strategy or are they doing something blackhat to improve their rankings?

Bevo, when you launch a new website, is your main objective to target a keyword in your domain and then use it appropriately within your pages?

We have our main Medigap site that is a blog and it generates leads. But when I Google and come across ehealth lead generation sites, they seem to setup this way:

Keyword in domain & Approximately 5 total pages that focus on Plan letters and general info. Rinse and repeat.

Do you feel that this a sound strategy or are they doing something blackhat to improve their rankings?

Mick, will you please define what is "Blackhat"? :biggrin:

Back