Website SEO Update - 2016

So how much have you made from that marketing campaign? Doing FB ads too?

no......I don't do ad's.......and really you think anyone in their right mind search that term.....hahahaha.....like I said it was a test to see if the site was rankable.... as well as facebook business pages........been getting most of my leads from GEICO Term Life Insurance.....look on page 2 and will see site and facebook on that one also......

no......I don't do ad's.......and really you think anyone in their right mind search that term.....hahahaha.....like I said it was a test to see if the site was rankable.... as well as facebook business pages........been getting most of my leads from GEICO Term Life Insurance.....look on page 2 and will see site and facebook on that one also......

So Mr. Peanut... what is your point about SEO?

FB wanted me to log in to see more, but it felt a little too dirty and I was somewhat afraid of what I might see.
But it actually ranked #1 AND #2 organic. Impressive.

Ranking insurance websites is extremely difficult because you are competing against multi-million dollar insurance company budgets for that prime real estate.

There are a few things you can do though...

1. Register your business properly with Google My Business so that you show up in the Google map pack. This is probably the most overlooked and easy SEO technique you can do. Google "rver insurance" and you will see that I have my RVer Insurance site ranked #1 organically but also very visibly to the right from properly registering my business with Google My Business.

2. Content is still important. Good, relevant, unique, ORIGINAL, and grammatically clean content. 1500-2000 words on your home page at least.

3. Page Titles. Make sure you optimize and word these properly.

4. Links. Doesn't matter what Google is doing with their algos...links still work if they are high quality "do follow" links rather than "no follow" links. All of those other organic page 1 results below mine (from point 1 above) point to me so that I pretty much dominate page 1! I worked hard to get those top bloggers and other relevant sites to link back to mine.

5. Citations and Directories. They are good to have but you really need about 500 of them in the insurance industry to make a dent.

6. Don't do any black hat crap. It'll destroy your site's ranking eventually. It might get you a quick boost but when Google finds out (and they will) you'll be knocked back to page 20.

7. Chamber of Commerce. I am noticing that a COC backlink is really good to have, particularly if you have a good COC in your area.

SEO for insurance websites is a long game for sure, but it can be done.

In 2014/15 we had Penguin, Panda, and RankBrain.... so far in 2016 Google has had 2 major unnamed algo updates.

Obviously they are still pushing mobile compatibility and speed. But what is everyone finding in their experiences? Is content king or are links still big? Are directories dead?

Anyone still doing PPC or FaceBook ads?

Are you actually engaging people on social media, or just using it for links and google juice?

It seems to me that natural conversational type writing is starting to rank much easier than trying to force and stuff keywords into an article. I am seriously considering FB ads for one of my websites.... still unsure.

There are rumors this is actually Penguin II....lost of sites got nailed and lost some serious ranking......I think both content and juice links are key.

Ranking insurance websites is extremely difficult because you are competing against multi-million dollar insurance company budgets for that prime real estate.

There are a few things you can do though...

1. Register your business properly with Google My Business so that you show up in the Google map pack. This is probably the most overlooked and easy SEO technique you can do. Google "rver insurance" and you will see that I have my RVer Insurance site ranked #1 organically but also very visibly to the right from properly registering my business with Google My Business.

2. Content is still important. Good, relevant, unique, ORIGINAL, and grammatically clean content. 1500-2000 words on your home page at least.

3. Page Titles. Make sure you optimize and word these properly.

4. Links. Doesn't matter what Google is doing with their algos...links still work if they are high quality "do follow" links rather than "no follow" links. All of those other organic page 1 results below mine (from point 1 above) point to me so that I pretty much dominate page 1! I worked hard to get those top bloggers and other relevant sites to link back to mine.

5. Citations and Directories. They are good to have but you really need about 500 of them in the insurance industry to make a dent.

6. Don't do any black hat crap. It'll destroy your site's ranking eventually. It might get you a quick boost but when Google finds out (and they will) you'll be knocked back to page 20.

7. Chamber of Commerce. I am noticing that a COC backlink is really good to have, particularly if you have a good COC in your area.

SEO for insurance websites is a long game for sure, but it can be done.

What are you ranking for regarding point 4?

Yes, Even i have red bout this update not officially announced by google but it seems that google is making changes in the back end and not more eduaction for the user about this updates. But you definitely go for Facebook paid advertisement it will give you a very good results

----------

Yes, Even i have red bout this update not officially announced by google but it seems that google is making changes in the back end and not more education for the user about this updates. But you definitely go for Facebook paid advertisement it will give you a very good results

Back