What Do You Do When Other Websites Steal Your Content?

Mine is stolen all the time.... The best thing to do is create more content... the other options take time... and during that time duplicate content lowers your seo...even thou you didn't do it...

More unique content, with better seo... if you know what you are doing you can take their leads with your better content... best revenge is putting them out of business..

JohnWalker's suggestion about using the rel=author tag was dead on to minimize the issue moving forward.

Not only will this help attribute you as the source and the scrapers as the duplicate content but it will add your Google+ profile image next to your results.

That little image garners much higher CTRs. Google is interested in serving up the best results so if you are getting a higher CTR on your results you should also see improved rankings.

Thanks although I think I'll have my guru handle that. I'll probably screw it up.

By the way...Got this from Google...[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Upon recent review of ......[/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif] we were unable to locate the content in question. If this matter is still a concern, please reply to this email with detailed information to enable us to locate the content and we will further investigate your request. Thank you very much for your cooperation and assistance in this matter.

It seems as if that Chinese site removed almost all of the articles that they copied. Of course EVERY article on their website is copied from another website.
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Back