What Do You Think About My New Website?

Hello,

I just wanted to get some feedback on my insurance company that I designed and coded which is online insurance quotes. I did all the design coding etc.. I have done some SEO on it. I am currently #2 in Google for "free online insurance". It has taken a lot of work to beat out 100 million sites for it. I would really appreciate any feedback you can give on the website and blog.

It has taken me around 6 months from design to upload. I really wanted to give the consumer a visual experience without going overboard. I would like to know your opinions and what you think.

Thanks for your time & opinions!

Hello,

I just wanted to get some feedback on my insurance company that I designed and coded which is online insurance quotes. I did all the design coding etc.. I have done some SEO on it. I am currently #2 in Google for "free online insurance". It has taken a lot of work to beat out 100 million sites for it. I would really appreciate any feedback you can give on the website and blog.

It has taken me around 6 months from design to upload. I really wanted to give the consumer a visual experience without going overboard. I would like to know your opinions and what you think.

Thanks for your time & opinions!

Nice looking site:yes: and code is very clean
Not sure that phrase "free online insurance" is going to convert quality Leads for you. Very low search volume (880 exact searches- Nationwide) for such a "Broad Keyword Phrase". You might want to adjust your strategy for your Main Theme or Home Page. Are you creating this for your own Alabama business leads or nationwide?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. We are a nationwide company minus some territories. I am experimenting with keywords right now. Google Adsence keyword tool shows over 22,000 searches a month for that keyword but I don't think their tool is that reliable. I don't know if you guys ever heard of Market Samurai but it's a rockin tool.

Thanks Again,

Thanks for the reply. We are a nationwide company minus some territories. I am experimenting with keywords right now. Google Adsence keyword tool shows over 22,000 searches a month for that keyword but I don't think their tool is that reliable. I don't know if you guys ever heard of Market Samurai but it's a rockin tool.

Thanks Again,

Your leaving it on "Broad Match" unrealistic numbers. Make sure the drop down menu on the right is selected to "Exact Match" and it will give you the "real numbers".

Nice site. It has a great look to it.

I would suggest putting your important links in the body text. (I'm not suggesting that you eliminate the links in the graphics, just duplicate the important ones as text links.) This should help not just from an SEO perspective but also from a usability standpoint.

I can't tell you how many times I've looked and looked for a link and later found that the link was in a big bright graphic that you "couldn't miss."

A lot of people miss those. This may be because we have trained ourselves to subconsciously block out banner ads.

The SEO advantage is that you can add anchor text on a text link.

I would make that change site wide.

Also the links in the upper right hand corner of your blog and your home page look almost the same, but they bring you to different places.

I would do that differently for two reasons.

The first is that your blog should promote the rest of the website, the part you make money on. The easiest to find links should point to your "money pages." I'm making an assumption here but I'll bet the point of your blog is to get people to buy from you not to get people to read all the posts.

I had an experience just the other day when I was looking for minimalist running shoes (shoes that give you some protection against sharp objects on the road, but have very thin soles and allow your feet to flex naturally). I kept finding sites that had reviews and other information but no obvious links to a place that allowed me to buy.

Don't do this to your visitors. If a blog visitor wants to read one post or one sentence of a post and then buy, allow that visitor to do so. In fact you might even want to make it easy!

The second reason is that things that look the same, even if they are on different pages, should do the same thing as a general rule.

Great looking site! I wish I could code something that looks half as good.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to write your suggestions. I will definitely incorporate them. If you ever need any help with code/design etc.. please let me know.

Thanks Again,

Nice site. It has a great look to it.

I would suggest putting your important links in the body text. (I'm not suggesting that you eliminate the links in the graphics, just duplicate the important ones as text links.) This should help not just from an SEO perspective but also from a usability standpoint.

I can't tell you how many times I've looked and looked for a link and later found that the link was in a big bright graphic that you "couldn't miss."

A lot of people miss those. This may be because we have trained ourselves to subconsciously block out banner ads.

The SEO advantage is that you can add anchor text on a text link.

I would make that change site wide.

Also the links in the upper right hand corner of your blog and your home page look almost the same, but they bring you to different places.

I would do that differently for two reasons.

The first is that your blog should promote the rest of the website, the part you make money on. The easiest to find links should point to your "money pages." I'm making an assumption here but I'll bet the point of your blog is to get people to buy from you not to get people to read all the posts.

I had an experience just the other day when I was looking for minimalist running shoes (shoes that give you some protection against sharp objects on the road, but have very thin soles and allow your feet to flex naturally). I kept finding sites that had reviews and other information but no obvious links to a place that allowed me to buy.

Don't do this to your visitors. If a blog visitor wants to read one post or one sentence of a post and then buy, allow that visitor to do so. In fact you might even want to make it easy!

The second reason is that things that look the same, even if they are on different pages, should do the same thing as a general rule.

Great looking site! I wish I could code something that looks half as good.

i took a look at your site and its very clean. You designed it yourself? If so thats pretty good. What types of SEO techniques did you use im curious, if you dont mind sharing.

Back