What I Learned About Twitter Follows and Facebook Likes

"With Facebook, I'd "like" every insurance agency Facebook page you can locate"

Just curious as to why? Thanks. Jim Gabbard

The owner of the page will see who is liking them, and is notified of the new like. Posting a (non-soliciting) question can start a conversation, which is good for the owner of the page, because it shows reader engagement. I wouldn't recommend spending a lot of anyone's valuable time doing it, but one or two a day is good. It's not the secret to turning your Facebook page into a huge lead producing machine, but it's one way to reach people.

Of course, updates to every page liked may end up in your newsfeed.

But one insurance broker with his/her FB page, posting a question to another insurance broker on their FB page...I guess I must be missing something.

Jim Gabbard Gabbard Insurance Services New London Ct.

WebNanny was not used in this post
FictitiousJim was used in this post

But one insurance broker with his/her FB page, posting a question to another insurance broker on their FB page...I guess I must be missing something.

Jim Gabbard Gabbard Insurance Services New London Ct.

WebNanny was not used in this post
FictitiousJim was used in this post

Jim, I made a Josh-specific suggestion. He sells lists and other services, so insurance agents are his prospects. No, I wouldn't say brokers should spend time liking other brokers, unless maybe there is some type of social share/ SEO goal. Thanks for asking -- what I said would generate a lot of hostile Facebook activity, if practiced by agents. "Hey, Bob at Allstate, how are you keeping customers with the 25% increase in home insurance rates? Maybe you should go independent like me, so you can offer your customers a choice of companies? Your pal, John at Rockstar Insurance Agency."

But agents liking & starting conversations with real estate agents, mortgage brokers, & car dealerships in their state, might be a good idea.

The first thing you should keep in mind is that you should never use social websites for SEO purpose. Social websites exist for social engagements and these engagements give Google SEO signals not how much Pakistani or Indian freelancers share your content targeted for US audience

Seriously, how does anyone have time for all this stuff? If you are spending all of your time on facebook, linkedin and twitter, how do you have time to follow up with clients, underwriters, etc. Seems like an excuse to pretend you are busy.

Plus 1000.................. There is no possible to do this all by yourself.

Seriously, how does anyone have time for all this stuff? If you are spending all of your time on facebook, linkedin and twitter, how do you have time to follow up with clients, underwriters, etc. Seems like an excuse to pretend you are busy.

It hardly takes "all of your time" to do a twitter and a facebook update each day.

With folks doing b2b, linked-in is a great prospecting tool. How does anyone have time for prospecting? They make time!

My sister got a mortgage through a local mortgage firm and she was so happy about being able to get a home she told all of her friends on facebook, many in a similar situation, about how great that mortgage firm was. I'm not sure if they got any business off of it, but if you engage folks organically and get your clientele to engage with you in an authentic way it's extremely powerful.

Of course there are also folks that use it to avoid doing real work and that's a problem, but it's hardly wasted time if you do it right.

It hardly takes "all of your time" to do a twitter and a facebook update each day.

With folks doing b2b, linked-in is a great prospecting tool. How does anyone have time for prospecting? They make time!

My sister got a mortgage through a local mortgage firm and she was so happy about being able to get a home she told all of her friends on facebook, many in a similar situation, about how great that mortgage firm was. I'm not sure if they got any business off of it, but if you engage folks organically and get your clientele to engage with you in an authentic way it's extremely powerful.

Of course there are also folks that use it to avoid doing real work and that's a problem, but it's hardly wasted time if you do it right.

Well, I guess I just don't understand any of this social media stuff. My phone rings every day and I dont have enough time to stay on top of the people that call me, much less try to think of catchy 70 character tweets and facebook posts?? I just can't think of anything new and different to say about long term care insurance that hasn't already been said without coming across as some spammy tweeter?? Twitterer?? Whatever its called.

Back