What Makes You Trust a Website?

Yes, a real person's name and pictures. An address if there is one but a PO box is okay. Don't need a picture of the building though it helps but no phony office building pictures. A local phone number and an email address, not just a contact us form. If it doesn't have all these things it looks like they are hiding something. You have to ask what and why are they hiding.

It seems to me P&C agents include these things but most L&H agents are in hiding mode.

Unfortunately, there are so many scams (including insurance, solar, energy, etc) being run on the internet it's become a nightmare. If the website looks like it was designed by a 12 year old and/or ....If you can't verify a name, address (sorry I disagree with just a P.O.Box being sufficient), telephone number and a "company e-mail address"....not a free one ie. gmail...... I personally wouldn't trust them unless I was referred by a trusted source.

Why trust them with so many options?

Tried and true...use testimonials and social proof; these mental triggers will build trust with your site visitors (just think, what sellers do you trust on ebay, what products do you buy on amazon, and what restaurants do you consider on Yelp?).
-Also, use another mental trigger...Reciprocity. Give alot of great value to your prospects in your content (giving away content with a high perceived value is the best).
-Find an emphasize similarities (or past struggles you went through, that they might be encountering now) between you and your prospects. This will build a sense of 'likeness' between you and your prospect...afterall, we tend to like those who are like ourselves.
-If you can show your prospects how you're an authority in your field, do this; it might be the single most powerful concept I shared in this post...

Combine all these mental triggers for best results :D
many of these were taken from Robert Cialdini, his book is called Influence, and is a must-read for anyone in sales/marketing!

Google places - - social proof and again social properties - testimonials -
RANK - relevant content - backlinks from trust and authority sites -
check 'view source' reverse engineer where site comes from - physical location - real phone number - a human answers phone when you call it - the human resides in the USA and not over several borders when answering phone.

Back