What Pay Per Click Success Have You Had? Also, what Percentage of Prospects that Visit Your Page Sub

Dan3211980

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Indiana
I'm new to running a website designed for life, annuities, and Medicare supplements. It's been a process, I'll say that. I'm curious as to what kind of roi others have had on websites built personally, or paid for. Any feedback to a Newby is appreciated!

----------

I should note that my organic results are doing great, ranking on page 1, position 2 of local Google search results. The problem is my conversion rate isn't near what I'd like. Both for organic and ppc.

http://www.precisionfinancialfw.com/

I'm new to running a website designed for life, annuities, and Medicare supplements. It's been a process, I'll say that. I'm curious as to what kind of roi others have had on websites built personally, or paid for. Any feedback to a Newby is appreciated!

----------

I should note that my organic results are doing great, ranking on page 1, position 2 of local Google search results. The problem is my conversion rate isn't near what I'd like. Both for organic and ppc.

insurance, Investments - Precision Financial Solutions Agency - Fort Wayne, In

Life and annuities are a tough market. I think your best bet are med supps, and then cross sell. My ranking was great on my site, but some ill advised choice of SEO partners killed that. With that being said, pay per click has been great for me to generate traffic and some response.

Your right, the competition is fierce for life and annuity. I practice several strategies to bring in fresh business, i feel you have to in order to produce consistently. What do you market online primarily?

----------

Responded to this in another thread, but your conversion is low because you have no call to action on your site. People have no idea where to go because you're not telling them. I'd save the PPC money until you get that fixed.

I wouldn't touch PPC unless I had an expert running a campaign. My guest on this podcast goes into some of the intricacies of generating life insurance leads via PPC.

----------

Also, I'd look at some of the big life insurance agencies/carrier PPC pages and model your landing pages after those. They're optimizing for conversions all the time.

The problem is my conversion rate isn't near what I'd like. Both for organic and ppc.

What do you want people to do? You need to make the call to action (CTA) really clear.

Watch this video for some tips: Video 10 – Generate More Insurance Leads Through Effective Calls to Action | AgentMethods

I see a few key issues that could be hurting your conversion rates:

- Everything is blue. Use color to make your CTA stand out
- The carrier logos overwhelm the page. Having them is great (I've done significant A/B testing on carrier logos and they can more than double a page's conversion rate), but they shouldn't distract from the main content. Make them smaller and group them together.
- You have three buttons in the box. Reduce to one main super clear CTA.

Finally, if you want to learn more about optimizing PPC here's another video to check out.

Good luck!

Aaron

Thank you, that's very good insight and advice. I get fair traffic, I check anylitics everyday. Usually average 60 page views a day. Bounce rate stays below 25% so it becomes frustrating to get a low response from the site. I'll try your tips out as soon as I can.

I would work on your Call To Action.

I would think on a local site you should be getting a response above 5% and convert around 20% of those leads.

Three CTA is a little much. What does your PPC add say? If it is about life insurance then your landing page needs to be just about LI.

I would replace the address request on the quote form with just State. And I would get rid of the ht and wt tabs altogether. What you want to do is give something, a quote, in exchange for something, an email + phone number. You don't really care what their height and weight is at this point you just want some contact info. I would look to get a quote form where they can put in there health class simply. Such as really healthy, above average, below average, awful. Something like that.

60 page views a day isn't bad for a website targeting a smallish city though. Keep it up.

And check out JROOT's website, Selltermlife.com and elifetools.com by Chris Huntley.

Just FYI page looked very professional but seemed slow while opening. I know if I go to a site and its slow to load its a hint that something may be loading on my machine that I don't want. I won't go any further with the request.
hope that helps

Back