• What????

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No website

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Insurancetechhead

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
In nutshell a responsive website is one that can recognize what type of device is requesting information from the website (smartphone, desktop/laptop, tablet). Why should it matter? When smartphone users search, 90% of it is local. Here is a post we did on the forum with some more scary stats Leads & 7 Stats You Dont Know About Local SEO [INFOGRAPHIC]

Child please, how bad could this really be for me?
Its this bad

Image:
graph.jpg

Please note that more people starting using tablets and smartphones then desktops about 6 months ago.

so the question I have for you is, if this stat is the world we live in, why is your site not responsive?

A responsive site (aka Responsive Design) is a webpage that determines the device that is accessing the site and uses a different CSS for the page. Usually this is determined by media queries that look at the device’s screen width. There are benefits and drawbacks to having a responsive design vs. a dedicated mobile site.

With that being said it is very important that you create a mobile version of your site. A lot of website providers out there support mobile sites and many Wordpress themes support responsive design. You just need to determine what is the best approach for your visitors.

Hi. I used to do web design work. When my husband was opening his business, I put up a cheap quick site just to work on seo and get him on google. Then, about 3 weeks later I changed it to a responsive design.

I agree that responsive designs are the best. One can easily create one, if they don't know how - through twitter bootstrap. In fact, you can go to a couple of places online and download a solid template to match with twitter bootstrap and pay about 15-35 dollars for a good one.

;)

Hey InsuranceTechHead:

Yep... I love it. Twitter saved hours for me in work.

Today, I'm out of the web business for good - except for working on our own site. The thing I'm on now, for a hobby or when I'm bored is working on php programming. And, I guess I will always dabble on the tech part of this forum.

I quit the website business when I was hitting odesk & others as them for cheap labor - seriously, a website or 150.00?

I got into a particuliar business 2 months ago and grossed awesome! I actually worked 92 hours a week! But, greed got in the way, and I lost my lease to the business due to a technicallity. (Those damn lawyers). I hit back hard, by pulling all my licenses and more; but, I've been depressed now for a week from losing the location. They just wanted more money to pocket.

I thought on re-starting somewhere else, but I guess I've lost my luster for this 'particulair' business. So, my husband talked me into getting my P&C license. He wants me working 92 hours for him! ;) Hence, come this Monday, I'm signing up.

In the meantime, I'm be floating around here. Keep in touch!

Hey InsuranceTechHead:

Yep... I love it. Twitter saved hours for me in work.

Today, I'm out of the web business for good - except for working on our own site. The thing I'm on now, for a hobby or when I'm bored is working on php programming. And, I guess I will always dabble on the tech part of this forum.

I quit the website business when I was hitting odesk & others as them for cheap labor - seriously, a website or 150.00?

I got into a particuliar business 2 months ago and grossed awesome! I actually worked 92 hours a week! But, greed got in the way, and I lost my lease to the business due to a technicallity. (Those damn lawyers). I hit back hard, by pulling all my licenses and more; but, I've been depressed now for a week from losing the location. They just wanted more money to pocket.

I thought on re-starting somewhere else, but I guess I've lost my luster for this 'particulair' business. So, my husband talked me into getting my P&C license. He wants me working 92 hours for him! ;) Hence, come this Monday, I'm signing up.

In the meantime, I'm be floating around here. Keep in touch!

Its always rough when something you put sweat into doesn't workout, especially if its on a technicality.

Our careers are reverse doppelgangers, I started out in insurance then went into web design. First into design then development. I started out like all the php guys out there, grabbing code here and there when I needed functionality, then had my mind blown when I learned about The Zend framework and MVC (who knew there was a way to do something so it came out the same each and every-time :D)

Your right, design has changed a lot in the last few years CMS & Frameworks changed everything from our end & for better & worse for SMB. We were tired of seeing small business owners get ripped off for their $150 - $300 site (then not even know what they are supposed to do with it afterword) So while we use pretty standard gear (not wordpress, unless it is actually for their blog) we ripped apart how the buying and receiving of the product happens.

But I have been coding for 20 hours straight so I ramble, what I meant to say is that I read your other posts, you seem extremely knowledgeable and its nice to see another programmer give their perspective :)

Back