Where/who Do You Outsource Your Website?

FLagent00

Expert
So, who is everyone outsourcing their websites to? They way I see it, you can find a freelancer, (and be stuck paying them for every small change you will need in the future) or you can go the wordpress route, and either outsource the initial setup and learn to make changes yourself, or completely learn wordpress fro the ground up and build it yourself. Is this feasible/worth it?

Wordpress is a freemium platform. You will still have to pay someone to host your website, and unless you have design knowledge, you will have to pay for a template or someone to create a design for you. And if you want advanced online marketing features like partner pages, mobile website, ACORD integration, free report marketing, etc., it will take several months and thousands of dollars to create such a site.

I actually wrote a blog post about Wordpress and the cost of ownership of using it to build a website versus a website vendor like ITC who knows the insurance industry. Here's the post: Website Smackdown : Insurance Website Builder vs. WordPress - ITC Marketing Blog.

Hiring a professional might be expensive, but you're paying for something more than look and feel. You are getting years of experience and knowledge that in the end will save you money as you won't have to spend time or money redoing mistakes you could have avoided. I wrote another blog post about hiring a professional versus an amateur you might find interesting: Think Hiring a Pro is Expensive? Hire an Amateur - ITC Marketing Blog

It is possible to have a professionally designed website where you can make changes to the content yourself and not have to pay a designer to make them for you. And it won't break the bank. If you're curious about such an online platform, I encourage you to check out Insurance Website Builder. We would love the opportunity to work with you on your website.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on my blog posts.

Getting a WordPress site up and running is pretty easy. Takes me about an hour from start to finish for something basic. You still need a host and a domain, but usually where people start getting hurt is trying to make the site fancy. A basic site from scratch should be a pretty easy effort.

What is the goal of your website? To have an online presence or lead generation? Lead generation sites are a lot more work and deserve much more attention.

Wordpress is a freemium platform. You will still have to pay someone to host your website, and unless you have design knowledge, you will have to pay for a template or someone to create a design for you. And if you want advanced online marketing features like partner pages, mobile website, ACORD integration, free report marketing, etc., it will take several months and thousands of dollars to create such a site.

I actually wrote a blog post about Wordpress and the cost of ownership of using it to build a website versus a website vendor like ITC who knows the insurance industry. Here's the post: Website Smackdown : Insurance Website Builder vs. WordPress - ITC Marketing Blog.

Hiring a professional might be expensive, but you're paying for something more than look and feel. You are getting years of experience and knowledge that in the end will save you money as you won't have to spend time or money redoing mistakes you could have avoided. I wrote another blog post about hiring a professional versus an amateur you might find interesting: Think Hiring a Pro is Expensive? Hire an Amateur - ITC Marketing Blog

It is possible to have a professionally designed website where you can make changes to the content yourself and not have to pay a designer to make them for you. And it won't break the bank. If you're curious about such an online platform, I encourage you to check out Insurance Website Builder. We would love the opportunity to work with you on your website.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on my blog posts.

You design websites and none of your links work...:skeptical:

You design websites and none of your links work...:skeptical:

Worked for me using Android/Chrome on AT&T in the middle of nowhere New Mexico. Also the forums look up the link to add the title for the post so it worked for them. Try a different browser or connection.

Last edited:
Getting a WordPress site up and running is pretty easy. Takes me about an hour from start to finish for something basic. You still need a host and a domain, but usually where people start getting hurt is trying to make the site fancy. A basic site from scratch should be a pretty easy effort.

What is the goal of your website? To have an online presence or lead generation? Lead generation sites are a lot more work and deserve much more attention.

I'm looking for a simple online presence to validate my agency to my prospects. I want to have the potential to focus on lead generation in the future but I am really not worried about that at all right now due to $$$.

It appears wordpress is what I need. I do not want to pay big $ on a monthly or annual basis when I can get a site up and running for nothing but hosting/domain fees.

I'm looking for a simple online presence to validate my agency to my prospects. I want to have the potential to focus on lead generation in the future but I am really not worried about that at all right now due to $$$.

It appears wordpress is what I need. I do not want to pay big $ on a monthly or annual basis when I can get a site up and running for nothing but hosting/domain fees.

If you want to save some money and have some tech ability it's not a bad route. It's not hard to make a clean site using WordPress.

Back