WordPress 3.4 is Out! Make Sure to Update Your Software!

Josh

Guru
5000 Post Club
I spent most of the day yesterday updating my wordpress sites to the then latest version of wordpress, only to find out today that there is an update. It's really important to keep your software up to date because hackers use old security weak points to cause mischief.

Updating your wordpress core is easy, just login to your site and click on the link at the top telling you to update. Just click on the button to have it upgrade automatically and you're good to go. You should back up everything before you do an update, but in the hundreds of updates I've done I've never had an issue.

Safe blogging!

Thanks for the heads-up, Josh! I've had occasional issues with updating my WordPress version, but usually it results in something on the developer side of the website, so something I leave to the experts on our team to fix. I know of some people who don't update their site for many months (and many updates past) and when they return to their site, it's full of spam and all sorts of junk that takes them hours to sort through. It just makes sense to go and update it every time as it takes no more than 30 seconds, and truly saves so much time!

http://www.enhanceinsurance.com

Back