21, New to the Industry.

glang1992

I just graduated with my Bachelors in Sociology and Criminal Justice. I didn't know what I wanted to do with those degrees, an opportunity came along to sell insurance so I bit. Quite honestly, this is never what I thought I would be doing. I am going into P&C sales with Allstate. I'm excited to get this going, but I am already stressing over making ends meet with this job. Anyone have opinions on Allstate as a company to work for?

Hi I have just recently started with Allstate also, I'm in the same boat as you sir and would love to hear some opinions or suggestions on how I should approach everything. In the whole insurance business in general. I'm 19 and have never seen myself being a salesmen or being in the insurance business or in any white collar trade in general. Would love to hear some thoughts!

I welcome both of you to the forum. In what capacity will you be working for Allstate? I would assume you will be a producer under an agent. If so this is a great position to learn the business but not a place to make a lot of money.

Last edited:
Welcome!

Search on "new agents" and "advice", there are lots of great threads about starting out in the insurance business. Regardless of where you start and what lines you offer, the advice is pretty much the same.

Good luck on your new adventure!

Yes I am a producer working under an agent that has just recently opened up office and is brand new to insurance business also, and getting things started is kind of a struggle having to do this all osmosis.

Back