Brand New. A Little Overwhelmed.

Was recruited by AIL. After 2 weeks I knew I would not be physically able to work the long hours required by their organization due to my health. Bowed out as gracefully as I could. Looking to stay in the business but need advice on where to go from here. Do not know if they have some hold on my license or if I can go with another group. Anyway, it's good to find a place to ask questions and learn more about the business. Thanks!

Was recruited by AIL. After 2 weeks I knew I would not be physically able to work the long hours required by their organization due to my health. Bowed out as gracefully as I could. Looking to stay in the business but need advice on where to go from here. Do not know if they have some hold on my license or if I can go with another group. Anyway, it's good to find a place to ask questions and learn more about the business. Thanks!

Unlike with securities, there is no "hold" on your license or any restrictions on getting contracted with anyone else.

The only "hold" they could have, is based on a non-compete or non-solicit agreement that you aren't to contact their policyholders and switch them to a competitor's product for 1-2 years. The other "hold" is based on a current employment relationship... which you no longer have.

There's nothing to worry about.

The easiest transition from AIL may be to FE-sales... so definitely answer Rearden's question and he and the Final Expense forum may be helpful for you. I believe there are some who do their business 100% over the phone, so that may be a possibility for you.

61 years old with 5 stents. Currently may need another couple. Can't really work six days a week for 10-12 hours.

Most FE agents spend 2 or 3 days in the field. Huge producers will do 10 to 12 hour days but you can be profitable with 8-hour days.

Tele-sales is an option but not usually an easy way to start out.

Back