Is Cold-calling Dead?

In my opinion, cold-calling nowadays is pretty much dead.

what do you guys think?

I think:
- You either want us to confirm your thoughts... so you can sell us a different "system" to prospect for clients.
or
- You want help on prospecting without cold-calling.

Cold calling has changed, but it's not dead and I can't see how it would ever die. A lot of agents used to working warm leads would be surprised at how many active producers still use cold calling.

Are there other ways of generating business? Absolutely, and it would probably be foolish to rely wholly on any one of them, but cold calling still works in 2014.

No, but it sucks to do. Spent 100 minutes on the dialer today and got 3 appointments. Hated every minute of it.

No, but it sucks to do. Spent 100 minutes on the dialer today and got 3 appointments. Hated every minute of it.

Depending on how sold those appointments are, that isn't a bad 100 minutes.

Use your hatred of cold-calling to make sure you do a good job for them and you are referrable. Make your clients advocates and you won't have to do so much cold calling later on.

I like cold calling commercial... residential is another story. I am assuming you are talking about calling homes; its not dead as our land line rings about everyday around dinner.

Back