Hi All! Career Changer Here.

NYBernie

Expert
NY
Hi All!
First, I am very thankful that I found this forum and I really appreciate the knowledge, and good laughs, that I've found on here already.

I am a former R&D Engineer, and virgin business owner, who is looking to control his own destiny from here on out. Jeez, that sounds so cheesy I might as well add "love long walks on the beach and orange sunsets"...

I am operating out of the wonderful state of NY, which I guess has some extra insurance laws of its own :goofy:

Trying to get started in the world of Medicare, with plans to look at Final Expense as well. I like working with this demographic (age). Even though I am only 36, which could be a negative with this demographic, everyone says I act like I'm in my 60's. I personally view this as less of a sales business and more of a teaching/support business. I just hope I can make a good living without forcing sales.

Going to try to stick to NY at first and see how it goes. Although I've read it's a tough market, there is no shortage of potential clients.

Brian

Hi All!
First, I am very thankful that I found this forum and I really appreciate the knowledge, and good laughs, that I've found on here already.

I am a former R&D Engineer, and virgin business owner, who is looking to control his own destiny from here on out. Jeez, that sounds so cheesy I might as well add "love long walks on the beach and orange sunsets"...

I am operating out of the wonderful state of NY, which I guess has some extra insurance laws of its own :goofy:

Trying to get started in the world of Medicare, with plans to look at Final Expense as well. I like working with this demographic (age). Even though I am only 36, which could be a negative with this demographic, everyone says I act like I'm in my 60's. I personally view this as less of a sales business and more of a teaching/support business. I just hope I can make a good living without forcing sales.

Going to try to stick to NY at first and see how it goes. Although I've read it's a tough market, there is no shortage of potential clients.

Brian

Welcome. You are in pretty much the same situation I was in not too long ago (although next door in MA). If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Welcome. You are in pretty much the same situation I was in not too long ago (although next door in MA). If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks unic.consulting!

Red Sox fan? If so, I have my first question for you, what is this ignore function/list everyone mentions on the forum?

Just kidding ;)

Brian

Thanks unic.consulting!

Red Sox fan? If so, I have my first question for you, what is this ignore function/list everyone mentions on the forum?

Just kidding ;)

Brian

I grew up in Seattle, so my heart will always belong to the Mariners, but my daughter got to go the Red Sox parade last year, so I'm happy for her.

Back