Just Found and Joined Today

Hi. My name is Fran. I am looking into being an independent agent with UIG. I did a webinar with them. I just talked to senior district manager on Friday. They want you to do this full time. Or my other option at this time is working in an inbound call center during open enrollment for Humana. District manager told me I must complete AHIP test which he said is $125.00. I saw that is 175.00. He said I must get a 90% or better but did not indicate how many times you can take the test. He also did not give me any information about the test. He said I would also have to pay $40.00/month for errors and omissions insurance. I also have to complete an anti money laundering course for $5.00. He said they give you leads after you set up 7 practice leads from a list they give you. :goofy: He said the first year you can earn $30,000 -$35,000 a year. Of course there is a learning curve when you start. :D

Hi. My name is Fran. I am looking into being an independent agent with UIG. I did a webinar with them. I just talked to senior district manager on Friday. They want you to do this full time. Or my other option at this time is working in an inbound call center during open enrollment for Humana. District manager told me I must complete AHIP test which he said is $125.00. I saw that is 175.00. He said I must get a 90% or better but did not indicate how many times you can take the test. He also did not give me any information about the test. He said I would also have to pay $40.00/month for errors and omissions insurance. I also have to complete an anti money laundering course for $5.00. He said they give you leads after you set up 7 practice leads from a list they give you. :goofy: He said the first year you can earn $30,000 -$35,000 a year. Of course there is a learning curve when you start. :D

If you take the AHIP test on Humana's site it's $125. You get 3 tries to pass.

Welcome to the Forum.

Thank you for your response. Is the test hard? I read somewhere that there are practice questions and the same questions are on the test? He said it is a 12 hour self study course.

Thank you for your response. Is the test hard? I read somewhere that there are practice questions and the same questions are on the test? He said it is a 12 hour self study course.

It depends on the person. I took it through Humana last year. Not doing it this year. For me, it was easier to just sit and do it straight through.

You have to do AHIP, then Humana's certification. It's not too bad. I believe you can have the certification open in one window and the study part open in another...making it an open book test.

Most Medicare inbound call center jobs pay a hourly rate and cover all your costs. Those jobs tend to only last until the end of open enrollment.

I wouldn't waste time investing in AHIP certification unless Humana can guarantee to supply you with inbound turning 65 leads to work outside of AEP.

The commercial insurance gig sounds promising too. What terms are you being offered with UIG?

Back