Late Life New Career Change!

Hello everyone and thank you for inviting me to join. I am very close to completing the recruitment process with one of the large Auto insurers. I'm what you call a boomer and competing against college kids for Auto Claims Adjuster entry level positions. Here's why: It's a tough job market, its even tougher for anyone past 50 to get hired. I'm a pretty persistent guy and I'm sure I can get the job done if they are willing to look past the age issue. I do know about the stress and pressure of the job and it doesn't bother me. I'm former military (that helps) and in the civilian job I held for the last 7 years I had a 5 state territory to manage (road warrior job). Anyone with a similar experience here starting from the lowest rank how far did you get? Was it a stepping stone to another position? Best career path within the industry? I do not want to go back into sales. Thank you all and greetings from sunny Florida!

I'm a fellow boomer who was career military and you'll find, especially in Florida, that many people our age begin new careers in the insurance business.
Auto adjusters are also in huge demand down here and most are in their 40s on up.

Where in Florida are you?

Hello,
I, too, am a late career changer.
I have learned a lot about who not to get involved with and one of them is NAA. I was within 24 hrs of training with them, when I got an awful feeling it was the wrong company, so I listened to the universe and started looking elsewhere. At this point, I need to consider the costs of leads, unless I can find an honest company that keeps their promise for free leads and pre-set appointments,please let me know if such a company exists! I am trying to stay positive and leaning towards the Life Settlement part of the biz. I apologize if I sound negative, and I truly appreciate this forum and any good advice! Thanks! :)

Latest posts

Back