New to the Business

Hi guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself and give a little background. My father passed away recently and I've come back to help run the family business while he was sick. Now that he's gone, I have to transfer all of my dad's business to my name. I have my licenses but I'm not appointed with any of his companies yet and I wanted to know if any of you out there could help guide me through this process. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We deal with mostly auto, commercial and health/life. Thanks.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself and give a little background. My father passed away recently and I've come back to help run the family business while he was sick. Now that he's gone, I have to transfer all of my dad's business to my name. I have my licenses but I'm not appointed with any of his companies yet and I wanted to know if any of you out there could help guide me through this process. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We deal with mostly auto, commercial and health/life. Thanks.

Life Insurance is easy. Most likely he has named a beneficiary that will receive his vested renewals. I have had widows sign a book of business over to me to become servicing agent where they receive the renewals and I have also bought books including renewals. Each company will have it's own rules of course.

On the P&C I would post in the P&C forum. I am sure they can help you.

Back