New Life and Health Texas Agent: Starving

Patchntx

I am a new agent in Texas. I basically started in February. So far I am not really interested in selling life. But I do like selling Medicare and Healthcare products. I am really having trouble getting leads. Health insurance is dead right now and the only health insurance I have that is paying commissions is Molina. So I am working on Medicare. I am really having a hard time finding clients and I am going broke. I have been putting materials in Dr. offices and talking to practice managers. Still can't reach T65's How do I get started.

BTW, I tried Sales-Associate pre-set appointments for T65's. They took my $900 and gave me nothing. Not bad leads. No leads. Will not answer my calls or emails. I am still interested in buying leads but only with a reputable company.

Are there any reputable lead companies for T65's?

What other ways can a new agent reach out to the T65 market without any referrals to work?

I am a new agent in Texas. I basically started in February. So far I am not really interested in selling life. But I do like selling Medicare and Healthcare products. I am really having trouble getting leads. Health insurance is dead right now and the only health insurance I have that is paying commissions is Molina. So I am working on Medicare. I am really having a hard time finding clients and I am going broke. I have been putting materials in Dr. offices and talking to practice managers. Still can't reach T65's How do I get started.

BTW, I tried Sales-Associate pre-set appointments for T65's. They took my $900 and gave me nothing. Not bad leads. No leads. Will not answer my calls or emails. I am still interested in buying leads but only with a reputable company.

What other ways can a new agent reach out to the T65 market without any referrals to work?

Direct mail has always done well for me. Most lead companies don't have their act together, so creating your own marketing is the only viable option.

Welcome to the forums.

I agree with Ginger on the leads aspect.

If you don't have the money for leads, you can create your own. Buy a targeted data list( https://www.listshack.com/ ) and get the #'s scrubbed. Call the ones not on the DNC list and door knock the rest.:)

Welcome to the Forum and good luck!

Well there you go then, obviously the lead business is much more lucrative:D

Sorry, I just cant resist sometimes

So I have a huge T65 list. But didn't know what to do with it. I thought I can't cold call or door knock on Medicare products. I sell MA, PDP, and ACA. but no one is paying commissions on ACA right now. So stuck with just medicare products.

So I have a huge T65 list. But didn't know what to do with it. I thought I can't cold call or door knock on Medicare products. I sell MA, PDP, and ACA. but no one is paying commissions on ACA right now. So stuck with just medicare products.

Get out of the MA business. Start with final expense. You'll thank me in a couple years, trust me.

You can for med supp. Lots of big call centers working Texas. But Texas is a big state!

Call the ones that are not on the DNC list, then door-knock the rest.

Break the list down into counties, then zip codes.

Then use a route optimization tool to build your routes.

https://www.myrouteonline.com/

Then just like the UPS man, go work your route. I made 100+ stops a day when I did this. Lots of wear and tear on your car, but depending on the area, door knocking T-65 list works better than cold calling.

As far as what to say when they open the door, I just copied what I think Chazm posted on here a few years ago:

"Hows it going?

I'm Patchntx,

The reason I stopped by is I help people out who are going on Medicare for the first time.

I understand your turning 65 soon.

I'm sure you're getting a lot of mail from different companies like, Mutual of Omaha and AARP.

Am I right?

I work with most of those companies.

I can show you what Part A and B cover and what options you have.

Have you started looking at your options yet?"

----------

Get out of the MA business. Start with final expense. You'll thank me in a couple years, trust me.
Have you ever tried to cold call/door knock for FE?

The barrier of entry is much lower with MS for the cash-strapped new agent.

FE is not a good fit for the financially challenged!

Last edited:
Back