New to Medicare Advantage...Looking for a new FMO

pk-insures

Ohio
Hi,

I was approached in October 2007 to sell Medicare Advantage in my area (specifically North East Ohio and Central Pa). I contracted with Secure Horizons. It's been 4 months now and I have yet to receive commisions. I call my FMO and Secure Horizons a few times each week but still no results.

I also recruited agents- they also are having troubles with receiving commisions.

I held informational meetings in my area and have formed some great networks...problem is I refuse to continue working for nothing.

I have seniors calling me for appointments and agents waiting for me to find them a new FMO to work with.

I'm new so although it seems I have a good thing going...I'm going nowhere with Secure Horizons or the FMO I'm with.

Can anyone offer any advice? Is what I've described typical in the senior market?

I would love to find a new group to work with. Can anyone recommend an FMO in the Ohio area? I also have agents in NC, California, TN, Washington DC, Pa. who are looking for a new opportunity.

Thanks!

Hi,

I was approached in October 2007 to sell Medicare Advantage in my area (specifically North East Ohio and Central Pa). I contracted with Secure Horizons. It's been 4 months now and I have yet to receive commisions. I call my FMO and Secure Horizons a few times each week but still no results.

I also recruited agents- they also are having troubles with receiving commisions.

I held informational meetings in my area and have formed some great networks...problem is I refuse to continue working for nothing.

I have seniors calling me for appointments and agents waiting for me to find them a new FMO to work with.

I'm new so although it seems I have a good thing going...I'm going nowhere with Secure Horizons or the FMO I'm with.

Can anyone offer any advice? Is what I've described typical in the senior market?

I would love to find a new group to work with. Can anyone recommend an FMO in the Ohio area? I also have agents in NC, California, TN, Washington DC, Pa. who are looking for a new opportunity.

Thanks!

I'm pretty happy with Senior Market Sales. Senior Market Sales

They can give you contracts with Coventry, Humana, Today's Options and possibly a few others.

On Med Sups they have United World, Mut of Omaha, AMTEX, and Continental. Pretty good web site.

I signed up for the free Coventry leads and guess what....none yet. It's only been the four prime months of the year so far though. Coventry also took forever to pay me anything (over 3-months.) They are not pro-active. If they decide they need something else they figure they will wait for you to figure out you're not getting paid.

I'm happy with Senior Market Sales but will probably move away from Coventry.

InsecureHorizens and NeverCare have the worst MA Inpatient Hospital benefits I've ever seen. I guess they give the client an out-of-network 70/30 co-insurance. Being independent I have 4 other local companies available that blow them out of the water. They are new to our county and are attracting agents with the most compliance issues who are flat out not showing benefits. I'd check the competing carriers in your area if you aren't getting paid.

Background:

I'm in Pensacola FL. I'm 57 and getting into Ins. sales. I was a Financial Planner/District Manager (7th in the nation-but back then I was hungery and out to prove something, not sure what, but I am sure it was important, not to mention younger) for IDS/American Express (now Ameriprise) back in the mid 80's though the mid 90's in another state...mostly Mutual Funds, small amount of Life. I'm a decent salesman, but need to learn products, presentations, marketing systems etc again. I am most comfortable in the Senior Market.

1. I'm to interview with Secure Horizons tomorrow. Heard good and bad. Anyone with other thoughts.

2. I was offered appointment with Penn Life...Senior Solutions (local office and decent manager). Good-Bad?

3. I know that going independent/direct will pay more. But may be willing to sacrifice pay for training..at least until I learn to ride again.

4. I checked out the Senior Marketing Solutions web site. They seem to have a decent system in place (or am I missing something). Offering Med Supp leads for $13. Web site for around $300. Some training info. Don't know enough yet to know how their products or commission are.

Any input would be appreciated. Hopefully this will be the last career change.

Thanks,

Tom

Okay, here's a SecureHorizons horror story (I, of course, have my own, which is why I won't sell them now). They have a CRM system with their leads - nowadays that would consist primarily of age-ins. So an ICA has been in contact with the age-ins (that's what you're supposed to do- contact them and prime the pump), and ZAP! all of a sudden, "The System" has swept the leads, which mean they're gone. One of the prospects then calls the agent and says, hey, weren't you going to be helping me? I'm getting calls from the Secure Horizons telecenter. So the agent calls their manager person, who says oopsie, let me see what I can do, and didn't you print them out because if you didn't print them out then we don't know which files were "yours" which is a complete crock because in order to prove to them you're working the leads, you have to update/modify the file, and your agent information is recorded. So, end result only a handful of "leads" were given back to the agent, the rest went to the telecenter reps who will be paid.

Nice, huh?

Good luck on the "interview" but use it for learning purposes only, getting back in the interview saddle, so to speak. This example is only one of many about how screwed up SH is from an agent standpoint.

Who do you have your Secure Horizons appointment through? An FMO's responsibility is to leverage their production to make sure their agents are treated fairly. Because of the service nightmare associated with Medicare Advantage we developed a follow-up system to help track our agents business (Precision Care). This tracking system ensures enrollments are received, processed and commissions paid in a timely manner. Before entering into agreement with future FMO's make sure they provide the proper support in addition to the appropriate contract levels and have them put the promises they make in writing. Many FMO's overlook their most important responsibility, "service". Find organizations that treat you as a business partner not just some agent. As mentioned by other members of the forum Senior Market Sales and Western Marketing both do a good job for their agents. Every agent is different and has different needs, select an FMO that is right for you! Good luck with your future FMO relationships.

Back