New and Quickly Growing!

Ksutton

Guru
100+ Post Club
USA
First of all, thank you for taking some time out of your day to read my thread, and thank you if you reply. I am looking for any help / advice I can get :)

My name is Ken Sutton- I am currently in PA and I love the direction things are moving in.... that being said, id like to continue momentum and growth .

I received my life insurance license in 10/2014. I was introduced in to the business through a personal friend of mine who I approached about some career advice. He had given my guidance and leadership towards a career with AIL...I am sure some of you are familiar with AIL. Things started out better than I could imagine !I am averaging about 2 - 3 k alp per week, but am I doing what is best for me and for everyone I serve?

I am very grateful with everything I have learned and will continue to learn. I feel like without this experience I would not have the mindset I have currently. I have absolutely fallen in love with helping protect families. I would like to continue my growth as a personal producer but I want to offer more to the people I serve (products and knowledge).I feel that continuing with AIL there is a very limited "product line" available.

I am having thoughts of becoming an independent agent or even working with another captive agency... I guess I am looking for some advice from anyone with experience.

1- id like to have a higher commission contract
2- Id like to have more to offer to my clients and develop long lasting relationships
3- I really have no other knowledge about the insurance business than what I have learned with AIL..... is that enough to carry over or is being and independent agent a totally different ball game?
4- what steps do I need to take to GROW

My work ethic is there, that's not a question. I am very coachable and I listen . That is not an issue. I want to be sure I'm going down the right path and protecting families the right way.

Thanks to all who help.

P.S This is not a "knock" on AIL without AIL I would not be where I am today. I am very thankful for the experience and all of the guidance.

My experience is that AIL supplies you leads. Can you generate your own leads? Do you still need training? There are a lot of captive options: TransAmerican, Combined, Western Southern, Metlife, NYL, Guardian, NWML, MM, American General, etc.

My experience is that AIL supplies you leads. Can you generate your own leads? Do you still need training? There are a lot of captive options: TransAmerican, Combined, Western Southern, Metlife, NYL, Guardian, NWML, MM, American General, etc.

I do still need training. Yes AIL does provide "leads" . I am really looking to expand my knowledge and grow my tool belt. I have a lot to learn and I fear that I may only be able to learn so much at AIL.

I do still need training. Yes AIL does provide "leads" . I am really looking to expand my knowledge and grow my tool belt. I have a lot to learn and I fear that I may only be able to learn so much at AIL.

Learn to replace your dependence on AIL leads do some door knocking generating your own leads. Figure out what market you wish to serve ie FE, middle class young families, businesses etc and that will help point your way.

Learn to replace your dependence on AIL leads do some door knocking generating your own leads. Figure out what market you wish to serve ie FE, middle class young families, businesses etc and that will help point your way.

I'd like to have a full package . I want to do final expense protection , income , mortgage , business owners any and all . I also have plans to become licensed in health and other areas as well .... One bite at a time :)...

Right now being captive , I only have a limited amount of protection to offer . I don't feel like I am confident enough/ or have the training to door knock businesses / residents and properly/ FULLY protect one with the products I have .

Also , id like to build my own book . If I start to DK and generate my own leads that would be great ! The only issue is that if I write an app for them through AIL my contract states that it is an AIL client not my own . That leads to a loss of residual and essentially getting a client for AIL not for myself .

Any ideas on where to start so I can learn how to become independent and gain the proper knowledge to protect every family/person I sit with properly ?(I know each sit is not a sale , but I'd like the knowledge to serve everyone with the proper protection )

I guess I'm looking for the right training ..... I'm willing to take the time to do this right , I'm in it for the long haul .Once I learn, I implement and I work .

I'd like to have a full package . I want to do final expense protection , income , mortgage , business owners any and all . I also have plans to become licensed in health and other areas as well .... One bite at a time :)...

Right now being captive , I only have a limited amount of protection to offer . I don't feel like I am confident enough/ or have the training to door knock businesses / residents and properly/ FULLY protect one with the products I have .

Also , id like to build my own book . If I start to DK and generate my own leads that would be great ! The only issue is that if I write an app for them through AIL my contract states that it is an AIL client not my own . That leads to a loss of residual and essentially getting a client for AIL not for myself .

Any ideas on where to start so I can learn how to become independent and gain the proper knowledge to protect every family/person I sit with properly ?(I know each sit is not a sale , but I'd like the knowledge to serve everyone with the proper protection )

I guess I'm looking for the right training ..... I'm willing to take the time to do this right , I'm in it for the long haul .Once I learn, I implement and I work .

Have you talked to Ben yet?:)

This guy certainly sounds different than the other guy.

To the OP yes when you write someone you might lose future income it's earning your dues you do it till you don't need AILs leads and hopefully for a short time. You can also buy leads etc.

I agree, this guy sounds like he knows what he wants to do. I was 1/2 joking because of the AIL connection...but he mentioned FE 1st. Maybe Ben won't hold the AIL connection against him.

Back