Anything on Iowa Rates?

I haven't seen anything yet. BC/BS said the were submitting rates to DOI the week of July 22nd. Depending on how slowly the wheels of government turn, I would think we'll be hearing soon.

And not a peep from Coventry yet...

Nothing from them. Saw that Coventry/ and aetna pulled out of the Georgia exchange If Coventry does that here that leaves us with coopurtunity on the exchange. Train wreck

Well, as far as statewide. There's a couple regional guys in the exchange as well. Gunderson in the north-east for one.

I went ahead and got appointed with CoOpportunity. Just another arrow in the quiver as far as I'm concerned.

Ok thx. How did not have to go through pipac for the blues I was thinking you had to for the blues I just found them direct sent them an email

Have we seen any iowa rates for the exchanges
9-12-2013
A sample released today....

"A 40-year-old non-smoker in central Iowa, signing up for a medium or “silver” plan, would be charged a monthly premium of $219.69, Gerhart wrote. He said only two of 17 states included in a recent national report listed lower rates.

“The price for less robust coverage offered in what is called ‘Bronze’ plans is, naturally, even lower in cost. For the same individual used in the example above, the lowest cost bronze non-smoker plan in Des Moines would cost $148.99,” Gerhart wrote."

Full Story: http://www.press-citizen.com/articl...wer-prices-than-many-other-states-?Local News

The story also states that Coventry has committed (signed a contract) to being on the Iowa Exchange. That's good news.
-ac

Though I am glad Coventry has committed, I was thinking that having only one option would make everything that much easier!

Has anyone come up with their strategy to stay busy, or is everyone kind of letting Open Enrollment happen as it will and not actively pursue the exchange business?

The article doesn't explain what Silver and Bronze plans mean. These represent levels of coverage. There are five levels: Catastrophic (only for those consumers under 30 years old), Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Each level represents the actuarial value you will be responsible for. Bronze=40%, Silver=30%, Gold=20%, Platinum=10%.

With Coventry, a similar plan to the Bronze plan premium in the article would cost you a little under $100 in today's premiums. That is only about a 50% increase.....

Last edited:
Back