CoOpportunity Health

timsip

Guru
1000 Post Club
So I sat in on this CoOpportunity webinar not knowing what to expect. I think I will start of with eating some words. CoOpportunity Health is going to be competitive, is going to be fighting for market share and will be worth contracting with. They didn't release any rate details, but their plans have awesome networks. In fact, due to a particular relationship with one network, their plans will have the option of including 97% of the practitioner clinics and 100% of the hospitals in Iowa. Yeah, that is what I said. They also have contracted with PHCS and MultiPlan for out of state networks. So I guess the skinny network argument doesn't apply here.

Other key benefits are in addition to the free preventative care, you also can get three free office visits for the Silver and above plans. If you get your physical and participate in an online self-assessment test you will receive a $100 gift card. As a member, you also can get discounts on things like vision, fitness memberships etc.

What is still unknown: $$. Also we are still waiting to see the formulary. Prescription coverage is as follows: $10 copay for tier 1 (generic) drugs; $40 copay for tier 2 (brand name drugs on the formulary); $80 copay for tier 3 (non-formulary brand name drugs). These copays are higher than many plans available today and again, we still don't know what is in the formulary.

We still need to see plan specifics such as premium, copays, coinsurance and deductibles as well as the formulary, but for as bad as some states have been coming in, the preliminary information available is less worrisome than what I first expected.

I don't think they need to worry about competition on the exchange as of taoday they still are they only ones on it. I do agree they are being aggressive But they still have not returned phone calls or emails for contacting information any help on this would be great on who to contact

Tim, Did you get contracted? I'm curious to compare CoOp and Coventry's plans. Coventry said they would release plans and rates by 9/9, but with the latest delay, I'm not sure that will happen.

Anonymous1-did you hear something about Coventry? As far as I know, they are still in the public exchange.

Last edited:
I don't think they need to worry about competition on the exchange as of taoday they still are they only ones on it. I do agree they are being aggressive But they still have not returned phone calls or emails for contacting information any help on this would be great on who to contact

They aren't the only ones...Coventry is still on board and I have been assured they will remain. Of course nothing is certain until October 1.

----------

Tim, Did you get contracted? I'm curious to compare CoOp and Coventry's plans. Coventry said they would release plans and rates by 9/9, but with the latest delay, I'm not sure that will happen.

Anonymous1-did you hear something about Coventry? As far as I know, they are still in the public exchange.

I received a call from CoOpportunity today, but was not able to answer and when I was able to return their call, their office was closed, so that is on my to-do list first thing after following up on four applicants that have dropped in my lap this week. I hope to be contracted within the week.

From my understanding Coventry still has not signed the contract with iowa to be on the exchange But that was as of last week getting a little late in the game if they have not signed on

This could explain why we haven't heard much yet?
(Reuters) - The Obama administration has delayed a step crucial to the launch of the new healthcare law, the signing of final agreements with insurance plans to be sold on federal health insurance exchanges starting October 1.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) notified insurance companies on Tuesday that it would not sign final agreements with the plans between September 5 and 9, as originally anticipated, but would wait until mid-September instead, according to insurance industry sources.

I don't know if you guys have gotten in with CoOpportunity yet, I talked with the lady in charge of contracting and she is going to send me a list of the three GAs that are contracted directly with CoOpportunity. You have to contract with the GAs, assign commissions to the GAs. You do, however own your book and it stays with you even if you decide to move from one of the three GAs to another. I will share the information when I get it.

Tim, I'm with MutualMed in the Quad-Cities for CoOpportunity. They also handle the Wellmark stuff here. So far, they have been really good to deal with.

If you'd like, I can reach out to my contacts over there to get ahold of you.

Last edited:
Timsip -I would like to know who the three GA's are who are contracting for CoOpportunity Health in Iowa....thanks!

Back