Coventry of Iowa

timsip

Guru
1000 Post Club
Got word from Coventry this morning that comp is set as a one time fee of $200 per application. First, that equates to $16 per month. Given the example rates released by Gerhart last week for a 40 year old non smoker, that is about 13.75%. It stands to reason that that percentage drops significantly as the client gets younger. Now add on any family members and comp really starts to turn to crap. With CoOpportunity paying $38 PCPM, I see they value the agent more than Coventry. I sure hope 2015 has better options when GR and Assurant enter the fray.

One time fee says no renewals to me

If your client renews in 2015, you will get another $200 fee. No word beyond that. We should hear more in the coming days.

Here is the hardest part of it all: premiums will be low enough that many who will be under 400% won't qualify for subsidies because their percentage will be higher than the premium. I see a lot of Bronze plans being sold if anything at all.

GR won't release any 2014 info until the end of the year per a convo this morning with my rep; my guess is that they want to get as many people enrolled in their current plans as possible before giving out 2014 options. That doesn't mean that they won't have viable options to switch to, but those options will likely not be QHP.

No word yet from Assurant when they will release their 2014 plans, I assume they will be following the same strategy as GR. When it's all said and done, I just might have to break down and find a contract with Wellmark, but I am holding off as long as possible.

Also bx is considering Pmpm for the metallic plans Not really impressed on Coventry that's a huge blow from 10%

I have to have them on my quote engine, but when I am sitting face to face, they will not be the carrier I present.

I surely hope 2015 will find better comp. This PCPM and one time fee is hurtful. To make any kind of good living, we are going to have to get 250+ applications. Even at $18 PMPM like some carriers are offering in other states, the carriers would be saving a ton and we would be able to make a decent income.

I think spit apps. Put one on Coventry the other on co op The guy will more likely pick a high deduct plan. The wife a copay plan Just my thoughts If they are healthy nd poor with most of the premium being pick up from subsidies I think you could easily get a small 20 yr term Have one with CI rider. Tell them with the larger oop tny will need it

Just got the email for their mandatory meeting with pipac to learn about the metallic plans rates and commision for oct 8 in my area

Back