Want to Be a Navigator?

timsip

Guru
1000 Post Club
Here is the proposed rules covering navigators in the state of Iowa. In many ways, I think they got it right, but I would like to see a higher application fee. A couple of wins in my opinion:

85.10(1) Individual navigators shall complete a minimum of 32 credits of initial training in courses
approved by the commissioner. Initial training must include a minimum of 2 credits of Iowa-specific
training on Medicaid and healthy and well kids in Iowa program training, as well as a minimum of 1
credit in the subject of ethics. Navigators shall be responsible for obtaining their own training.

85.14(1) Prior to the issuance by the division of a license as a navigator and for the duration of
the license, including any renewal thereof, a navigator shall secure and maintain evidence of financial
responsibility in the form of a surety bond or other alternative financial responsibility instrument
that protects individuals and entities against wrongful acts, misrepresentations, errors, omissions, or
negligence of the navigator, or other violation of insurance law.
85.14(2) The minimum coverage for financial responsibility shall be $50,000.
I think the limit is a bit low, but at least they are required to carry some form of E&O.

I have the hearing on my calendar to provide some feedback.

Back