10 Year Term Life for a Male Age 65

Evening all,

I have a client of mine who wants a 10 year term policy, and I'm looking for a bit of guidance.
He's 65, but closest to age 66, and had a heart attack just over 5 years (62 months) ago. I can't seem to get him anywhere, and have tried UHL and Assurity already.
He's in great health right now, but because of his health history and age, I am having a hard time trying to find him an insurer... Any ideas?
Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!

Evening all,

I have a client of mine who wants a 10 year term policy, and I'm looking for a bit of guidance.
He's 65, but closest to age 66, and had a heart attack just over 5 years (62 months) ago. I can't seem to get him anywhere, and have tried UHL and Assurity already.
He's in great health right now, but because of his health history and age, I am having a hard time trying to find him an insurer... Any ideas?
Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!

Find him fully underwritten coverage instead of looking for simplified. Does he have any other term policy that he can convert? As stated above, find a GA who can shop the case for you with 10-15 companies to get the best offer. He will probably be rated somewhere between Table 2 and Table 10 depending on other factors.

The previous assessments are all pretty good. Trying to match up with a GA that can shop the case for you would be the best process. It'll avoid getting any more declines since you can complete a preliminary application and to have reviewed by each company.

I would guess there are some options out there.. For starters Prudential and/or MetLife could probably get you an offer.

We have found American General pretty good and they use the Standard Plus rates as the base premium for rated cases. Table to table, they will often be less than most others. Make certain you use a convertable product.

Back