64 Y.O. Female Didn't Get Approved Need Guidance

0b1kanobee

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have a 64 y.o. female that did not get approved because she had blood in her urine. She had cancer about 5 years ago and has been fine since but like I said blood showed up in her Urine.

Insurance company (Genworth) declined her but my GA said to have her go to the DR. and get some kind of statement of her health and why there was blood in her urine.

I basically want to find a good General Issue policy but don't know exactly how they work. She was going to get a 20 year term for 150K if I remember, maybe it was a 100k.

Well all she really says she needs is 50k. Her budget is $100 bucks a month give or take. based on her initially wanting a 20 year term to brink her to 84 Y.O. do you guys have any suggestions.

I hear a lot of agents talk about Foresters but I don't know????? Anyone got any ideas for me considering her original term she wanted and her budget. If you know of something better then I'm all ears....
Thanks

Re: 64 Y.O. Female Didn't Get Approved Need Guidence

UHL has a lot of Simplified Issue products, you might want to check that out until she gets things squared away.

Hey Mark!
So are you saying to get her temporary until she gets a permanent term? I'm not exactly sure she wants to continue to mess around with it. Isn't their a decent GI life or do they all suck?

I needs pros and cons........

and what exactly are you suggesting with UHL? I don't know what that is. Sounds like a hockey league to me.....lol

So what is the best option for her?

What steps would you take if you were me?

She needs to discover the reason for blood in her urine.

Use you GA to get specific information from company underwriters, and/or look into companies that will allow you the agent to consult an underwriter and get as a good an answer about what the probably underwriting decision will be prior to submitting an application. One decline is really bad, two or more is almost always game over.

Having the doctor explain blood in urine might help your situation, but don't get too excited. Doctor's and insurance companies have wildly varying views on just how serious certain health situations are, and for good reason.

Look into guaranteed issue, perhaps simplified, but most likely you'll have a yes answer to a prior to decline which will throw a wrench in the works.

Keep in mind, you have a cancer survivor who showed up to undergo medical underwriting and had blood in her urine and now this person with iffy health in the eyes of an insurance company has further validation to be wary due to a previous and recent decline.

OK sounds like I will have to continue to hand hold and figure this thing out.............

So what is the best option for her?

What steps would you take if you were me?

As stated, need to find out why. I'd shop it to see if anyone will offer without having to get more info though....UHL's graded only goes up to $25k anyway, so if she wants to get $50k+, she needs to help you help her.

"As stated, need to find out why"

Yup. Till then you really don't know. Some people when they have a kidney infection pass blood. She could have many things wrong, that go from minor (recoverable) to major.

I would have the results sent to her doctor and they can retest and see if things are consistent.

Back