65, M, 10 Yr Term

just some f.e.llow

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hey guys,

Need some help, please. I almost never sell term insurance but have a guy that demands it.

In Ohio. 65/m, non tobacco, super healthy, height weight proportional, wants 10 yr term. Has a $15k term from met life @$43 a month.

Here's the thing: I can crush that rate all day but the guys I have in my bag who will sell 10 yr term to this guy want a minimum face of $25k. He only wants to lower the price on his current $15k policy.

Tried to tell him I can get him $25k for about the same price. He said "No".

So, where should I go, folks?

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys,

Need some help, please. I almost never sell term insurance but have a guy that demands it.

In Ohio. 65/m, non tobacco, super healthy, height weight proportional, wants 10 yr term. Has a $15k term from met life @$43 a month.

Here's the thing: I can crush that rate all day but the guys I have in my bag who will sell 10 yr term to this guy want a minimum face of $25k. He only wants to lower the price on his current $15k policy.

Thanks in advance.

Tough to find companies going below $25K on Term. Are you sure he has a $15K term policy thru Metlife???? it was always my understanding that they only went as low as $100,000

Let me ask you this. Is this the type of client you really want?

Tough to find companies going below $25K on Term. Are you sure he has a $15K term policy thru Metlife???? it was always my understanding that they only went as low as $100,000

Let me ask you this. Is this the type of client you really want?

No. I don't want the business, but it's a referral. Should have just said I couldn't beat the rate.

And honestly, I'm not sure about the policy either. Might not be $15k. Who knows?

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.

"Bob, Most companies do not go below $25,000 or charge much more like your Met policy. I have $25,000.00 for 10 years @ about 30. or $25,000.00 for 15 years @ about $39. We can designate the extra $10,000 to whom ever you choose". If he balks, Next!

"Bob, Most companies do not go below $25,000 or charge much more like your Met policy. I have $25,000.00 for 10 years @ about 30. or $25,000.00 for 15 years @ about $39. We can designate the extra $10,000 to whom ever you choose". If he balks, Next!

Well said. Thanks Wino.

Back