Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum

Reply to 8 Ways People Blow Their Life Insurance Medical Exams     
Old 03-04-2015, 08:47 AM   #1
Guru
xrac on 8 Ways People Blow Their Life Insurance Medical Exams

State: xrac is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
xrac is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
8 Ways People Blow Their Life Insurance Medical Exams 8 Ways People Blow Their Life Insurance Medical Exams
8 ways people blow their life insurance medical exams | LifeHealthPro

------------------------------------
X
  Reply With Quote to 8 Ways People Blow Their Life Insurance Medical Exams
Old 03-04-2015, 01:05 PM   #2
Guru
Cash on 8 Ways People Blow Their Life Insurance Medical Exams

State: Cash is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
8 Ways People Blow Their Life Insurance Medical Exams Re: 8 Ways People Blow Their Life Insurance Medical Exams
9. Not showing up for/cancelling the exam.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:59 PM   #3
Super Genius

State: asher is an Insurance Agent from Florida
8 Ways People Blow Their Life Insurance Medical Exams Re: 8 Ways People Blow Their Life Insurance Medical Exams
10. smoking pot the night before para-med.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:22 PM   #4
Guru
xrac on 8 Ways People Blow Their Life Insurance Medical Exams

State: xrac is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
xrac is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
8 Ways People Blow Their Life Insurance Medical Exams Re: 8 Ways People Blow Their Life Insurance Medical Exams xrac is the thread starter for: 8 Ways People Blow Their Life Insurance Medical Exams

11. Passing out on the paramedic as they are trying to draw blood.

X
Old 03-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #5
Super Genius

State: UW Guy is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
A few nits to pick...

Your fasting triglycerides have to be north of 400-450 to get a modest rating with most carriers. Unless you're metabolic, diabetic, or just a glutton that takes some doing. Don't get me wrong, fasting's the better but more often than not the people rated for trigs are the ones who are constantly walked around at 700+.

Protein in the urine is more common that you might think; and it scares the crap out of us. Mostly because it can point to all manner of kidney issues IF it means something (if the level's high enough, there microalbumin or blood in it, etc). Or it could be nothing... guess wrong and you'll either anger the agent or your boss.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:34 AM   #6
Super Genius
Stevekobrin on 8 Ways People Blow Their Life Insurance Medical Exams

State: Stevekobrin is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Originally Posted by UW Guy View Post
A few nits to pick...

Your fasting triglycerides have to be north of 400-450 to get a modest rating with most carriers. Unless you're metabolic, diabetic, or just a glutton that takes some doing. Don't get me wrong, fasting's the better but more often than not the people rated for trigs are the ones who are constantly walked around at 700+.

Protein in the urine is more common that you might think; and it scares the crap out of us. Mostly because it can point to all manner of kidney issues IF it means something (if the level's high enough, there microalbumin or blood in it, etc). Or it could be nothing... guess wrong and you'll either anger the agent or your boss.
I know all about those elevated kidney functions with people who go to the gym just before their exam. I have also seen elevated liver functions after strenuous exercise as well.

Some of the crazier things I’ve had to deal with also include:
1. A fellow doing cocaine the night before his exam. Not only did it kill the deal for life insurance, but because he couldn’t get the life insurance, he lost out on the bank loan the life insurance was supposed to cover.

2. A fellow with a rising PSA issue engaging in, let us say, an active night with his wife the night before his morning exam. This is actually the explanation I had to give to the underwriter to explain his PSA level on the lab result.

"Whatever the human mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve." - Napoleon Hill

Purchasing life insurance: It's not just about the company
My brokerage
My blog
Old 03-06-2015, 08:26 PM   #7
Super Genius

State: UW Guy is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Originally Posted by Stevekobrin View Post
I know all about those elevated kidney functions with people who go to the gym just before their exam. I have also seen elevated liver functions after strenuous exercise as well.

Some of the crazier things I’ve had to deal with also include:
1. A fellow doing cocaine the night before his exam. Not only did it kill the deal for life insurance, but because he couldn’t get the life insurance, he lost out on the bank loan the life insurance was supposed to cover.

2. A fellow with a rising PSA issue engaging in, let us say, an active night with his wife the night before his morning exam. This is actually the explanation I had to give to the underwriter to explain his PSA level on the lab result.
BUN and creatinine have a good deal of built in "play" with most carriers. And most are willing to listen unless something is REALLY crazy.

We also love and hate declines for the Bogota Booger Sugar. At first we can't tell you why but once you find out there's ALWAYS a story. Usually along the lines of... "He was at a party and FELL INTO A TABLE WITH COCAINE ON IT!! IT'S NOT HIS FAULT!!"
Old 03-06-2015, 08:45 PM   #8
Guru
Norwayguy on 8 Ways People Blow Their Life Insurance Medical Exams

State: Norwayguy is an Insurance Agent from Maine
Norwayguy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
8 Ways People Blow Their Life Insurance Medical Exams
Originally Posted by xrac View Post
11. Passing out on the paramedic as they are trying to draw blood.
Hey it happens at least they made it to the exam.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:18 AM   #9
Super Genius
Stevekobrin on 8 Ways People Blow Their Life Insurance Medical Exams

State: Stevekobrin is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Originally Posted by UW Guy View Post
BUN and creatinine have a good deal of built in "play" with most carriers. And most are willing to listen unless something is REALLY crazy.

We also love and hate declines for the Bogota Booger Sugar. At first we can't tell you why but once you find out there's ALWAYS a story. Usually along the lines of... "He was at a party and FELL INTO A TABLE WITH COCAINE ON IT!! IT'S NOT HIS FAULT!!"
I have come across a number of people who have taken the same fall onto the same table Another common explanation has been “went to a bachelor party.” For some reason, people think that they can do anything at a bachelor party, and that what happened at the bachelor party stays at the bachelor party. If only there biochemistry agreed.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:24 AM   #10
Expert
PegM on 8 Ways People Blow Their Life Insurance Medical Exams

State: PegM is an Insurance Agent from Nebraska
Taking the exam while having a bad cold or the flu has messed up the lab work for a few of my clients, especially if they have diabetes.
Reply to 8 Ways People Blow Their Life Insurance Medical Exams 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum

Tags
life insurance