Advertising On Grocery Receipt Tape

tvchild

Expert
Anyone tried doing this to generate clients? I was wondering if it was an effective marketing option? I am thinking of doing it because I actually look at all those ads on the back of receipt tape and have even given business to some of those merchants who advertise.

Thanks in advance!

I've never done it but I had a friend( yes I have at least one)and he did it for P&C for 4 months and I don't believe he got anything out of it?? he was also an allstate agent!!!

I never even look at the receipt. I just asked Jacqueline and she said she does read them. Could it be that most guys are like me and women are like Jacqueline? I just offer it for what it may be worth. Probably not much since the sampling only consists of two people.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I've never done it but I had a friend( yes I have at least one)and he did it for P&C for 4 months and I don't believe he got anything out of it?? he was also an allstate agent!!!

Alright, I'll be your friend so now you can say you have at least two.

Last edited:
I've used coupons off the back and know of some others that have too. As a matter of fact, I told a person at one of the businesses that I didn't even realize they were in that location and they said they have a lot of people that come in saying that after seeing their receipt coupon.

Based on that, I think it probably works. (at least here)

I tried it at Ingles and it sucked! I wont try it again. At least not for insurance...Maybe if I was an oil change place or something...but not for insurance.

Doesn't work for a pizza place either. Had a coupon for $3 off any large pizza. This was a business I owned 20 yrs. ago. (yes, we had good pizzas but maybe only 2 or 3 coupons were redeemed). Complete waste of $$$.

I never look at them. My wife does sometimes. So if you could direct the insurance product to women it may work. I wouldn't spend alot of money on it myself testing.

The problem, as I see it, it that insurance is something that requires some sort of push before the process begins. Passive methods of prospecting rarely go anywhere. Yes I know I need life insurance, medicare supplements, etc. but I'm not going to open the phone book and begin looking. Even if you place an ad somewhere that's nice, but it mostly gives you greater credibility when you call rather than driving business to your door--and that's an extremely difficult thing to measure the success rate of.

Back