Advice on Lists to Buy for Life Cold Calling?

Hi everybody,

I currently sell health and for prospecting I cold call small biz during day and have some internet leads at night. I like selling health insurance and got great training for medicare sales which I plan to start in 2011. I realized after selling a few life policies that I am also passionate about that. My question is it better to cold call small business for life or residential which is not a big number of leads? I already cross sell what I can but I wanna know what is are some good ways to sell life insurance through cold calling if that is your primary focus? Really looking for ideas that work and I can utilize asap. I just feel that most small biz owners are more open to health than life. Thanks and looking forward to your feedback.

Either one can work, so long as you focus your efforts. For instance, you don't want to cold call residences for life insurance; you want to cold call young homeowners who have been in their home for 6-12 months to discuss mortgage protection, or seniors with incomes from $15-$35k to discuss final expense. You don't want to call businesses for life insurance; you want to call small business with 3-10 employees to discuss continuity planning or whatever.

If you narrow your focus and really target what you're doing, you'll have a good deal more success right off of the bat.

Nick P is spot on with his suggestion to focus and target. To take his target description a step further - focus on young homeowners with young children. They probably have no relationship with any life agents, and their life insurance needs will never be more profound.

Most list providers compile lists of new parents, and you can select names by geography, income range, and presence of children by age range. Go into any Build a Bear store at your local mall to see how they wring every last penny out of parents - including getting their contact information to sell to list providers.

You may want to look into low priced aged insurance leads for your state that are 3 to 90 days old. You could also get leads that are over 90 days old even cheaper to help bring your cost down. The people on a list like that did show some interest in the product at one time so they make for a better prospect to call compared to just calling someone from a data list based on just their age, income, etc who have never had an interest in your product.

Nick Perry with the ILIAA did a great presentation on working aged insurance leads that you may want to check out at:

http://iliaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/sixfigures.mp4

NOTE: When you click on the above link, the page that comes up will be blank while the recording loads. It takes quite awhile to load, so you will want do something else while you are waiting for the recorded webinar to start.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw your SALES AD. I thought it might not be spam j/k

As I wait for the link to load...

I was actually thinking about this today as I make my 2011 plans. Where would you get leads like that? I've dealt and still deal with some vendors on real time leads, but would you go back to those same places to ask about purchasing older leads? Any advice, or who have you used?

Last edited:
Back