Advice on Marketing Life Insurance

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]When you buy variable universal life insurance, don't be in a hurry in making decisions.[/FONT]

It is not against the law to sell door to door anywhere in the U.S.
However some cities "want" you to buy a "permit".
Just knock, if you get a ticket just go down and buy a permit and take that with you to show the judge.

In my town the judge will not be impressed....cannot imagine any venue where a judge WOULD be impressed.

Just get the necessary permits beforehand and don't be stoopid about it.

I live in a smaller community too, in the country. I have an aversion to shotguns pointed in my direction and large dogs, so I stopped knocking on doors.

On the other hand, we have a few local papers for surrounding "smallish" towns; if you flip to the happy news sections, they always list engagements, marriage applications, first birthdays, birth announcements, anniversaries, club notes (think garden clubs and health-interest clubs), etc. I have a couple of letters and emails that I send and f/up with phone calls.

Decent amount of success. Just know that the response rate for 100 letters might be just a handful out of 100-200. But they can be a nice introduction to you and your services, and the phone call in a timely manner ups that number.

Last edited:
If you can sell a policy over the phone, you may want to extend your range to your full licensed area and target leads who have self stated interest in your most profitable plans. For instance, people type this phrase into a search engine "buy life insurance", those are the ones you want to talk.

You will close more leads targeting warm leads than cold ones.

Happy selling!

Best,

Dustin

Back