Advice on Marketing Life Insurance

kparker

Like everyone else on this forum, I'm trying to get the most ROI and I'm hoping some of you guys can give me a little advice. I'm located in a smaller community and my sales area has approximately 40,000 people. What are my best options for generating life leads? I've looked into Netquotes, but they only average 5-6 leads/mth for my area. I've read a lot about direct mail campaigns, but I'm not really sure how effective they would be for a rural area like mine. I've also considered hiring a telemarketer and have the two of us pound the phones for a few hours each day. Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Like everyone else on this forum, I'm trying to get the most ROI and I'm hoping some of you guys can give me a little advice. I'm located in a smaller community and my sales area has approximately 40,000 people. What are my best options for generating life leads? I've looked into Netquotes, but they only average 5-6 leads/mth for my area. I've read a lot about direct mail campaigns, but I'm not really sure how effective they would be for a rural area like mine. I've also considered hiring a telemarketer and have the two of us pound the phones for a few hours each day. Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

"Knock Knock"

"Who's there?"

"A Life Insurance Prospect"

Beat some doors, you will never get a higher conversion. A small town like that there is sense of community--you are a do gooder in your community--exploit it.

secondary, get on the phones and follow up follow up follow up

I know Missouri quite well. My wife is from there. She is from a small town. Anywho, what I would do, is get in the car and start cold calling by knocking doors. But that is just me, I'm crazy that way.

I know Missouri quite well. My wife is from there. She is from a small town. Anywho, what I would do, is get in the car and start cold calling by knocking doors. But that is just me, I'm crazy that way.

You're also an old debit life agent who has been doing it what, 20 years?

Research the Project 100/200. Use your warm market to get started. You don't have to sell to them, but tell them what you are doing now and ask for referrals.

You're also an old debit life agent who has been doing it what, 20 years?

Research the Project 100/200. Use your warm market to get started. You don't have to sell to them, but tell them what you are doing now and ask for referrals.
Yep. There's just no other reasonable way to do it these days. If you went into most neighborhoods knocking doors, you would likely have the police called on you. Mayberry doesn't exist anymore except on TV.

Yep. There's just no other reasonable way to do it these days. If you went into most neighborhoods knocking doors, you would likely have the police called on you. Mayberry doesn't exist anymore except on TV.
It is not against the law to sell door to door anywhere in the U.S.
However some cities "want" you to buy a "permit".
Just knock, if you get a ticket just go down and buy a permit and take that with you to show the judge.

It is not against the law to sell door to door anywhere in the U.S.
However some cities "want" you to buy a "permit".
Just knock, if you get a ticket just go down and buy a permit and take that with you to show the judge.
I used to live in upstate NY. I would not do door to door in NY. I learned it in TX. I am comfortable doing it in TX. I know MO as well, I can think of some towns in MO where I would do the door to door thingy. To each his own. I most likely would not do it in gated communities in TX. I have run into certain towns that do require a "peddler's" permit - to knock. In Iowa and in TX.

Drive a hearse. Don't forget to wrap it with some advertising and images of death and funerals.

Call yourself Widows and Orphans Life Insurance Company.

Drive a hearse. Don't forget to wrap it with some advertising and images of death and funerals.

Call yourself Widows and Orphans Life Insurance Company.

YOU ARE FREAKING HILLARIOUS! How about knock doors with
a grim reaper costume on haloween and say have you prepared financially for my arrival? then give them a business card...might actually work never know lol
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I use a survey when I knock doors seems to work well. What has been your approaches?

Last edited:
Back