Aflac Presentation That Worked

PANewbie

Expert
Great idea that worked, figured I'd pass it along and also wondering if many others are doing something similar. I'm not licensed yet but plan on using my B2B relations to do something like it when I pass my exam.
Here goes:
I work for a mid sized company (approx 250 employees, not insurance related) near Philadelphia and we recently had 2 Aflac reps come in and make a presentation to all employees in small groups of about 25 staggered throughout the day. They were pushing term life and when all said and done they closed 61 deals (confirmed by HR thanking us for taking it seriously). I personally didn't bite. They spent two days in the office, we gave them use of our conference rooms for one on one time and our company execs basically forced us to focus on the importance of insurance for us and our families. Aflac contacted our HR dept and asked for the time and we were happy to oblige. Probably wouldn't work with every company but great bang for the buck for the ones who are open to it.
Thoughts? Suggestions going forward??

I really don't know what you are asking.

That is really standard enrollment procedure for voluntary benefits.

I worked for Aflac in VA....I was licensed L&H; here's the deal. Aflac door knocks, it's all they do; and referrals. They knock on mid/small size business and ask to speak to owner/hr/manager (specifically the owner or the decision maker for benefits). They do a presentation to the owner, fifteen minutes, and ask several open ended questions that direct the owner to let his/her employees to have options and benefits particularly if they are not provided -all pre tax... Once they are in a business they are in renewals forever. every quarter or every six months they go back and give the presentation. Later, One company (I worked at) in TX did it every month. I will tell you they present to the lower end and blue collar or low end white collar. The sell it by the app load! There is a lesson here. Get in with small/med business and offer life, health (If it is not already offered). It works, I've seen Aflac Agents who made literally a MINT! - Ask about it at work! (good copy)

thanks for the info Clint...

Basically being I'm new and not yet selling, I was curious is this approach normal day to day for all the indy guys out there? I hadn't seen it done at any of the other companies I've worked for but ABC makes it sound like it's normal so maybe I'm just a little out of touch.. Either way, I think I would much rather spend the lions share of my days talking to groups instead of door knocking and cold calling.

What you are not seeing is the ton of agents aflac had to go through to find one that was able to get into your company. Aflac is an agent grinder.

I think you should search aflac on the forum and see what others think about it.

No offense PANewbie, but you only see a small part of what those agents did. You did not see how many businesses told them "no thanks" before they hit yours, you did not see how many other agents that called on your same company. I have done it and it is not easy. Too many people see the easy part and think "I can do that", but stuggle when you have to do the prospecting. There is a lot of rejection in this business and most people can not handle it.

Most aflac agents i knew, no longer work there. If you can survive 5 years on next to nothing, you can eventually grow a decent income.

Got ya, thanks. I have no interest in ever joining Aflac. Just intrigued with the approach and outcome. I'm going at this industry as an independent, if I enjoyed being an employee I'd stay where I'm at...LOL. I understand the highs and lows of business and am used to putting my time in and dealing with rejection on a daily basis at my current career.

I'd like to add, I did not work for Aflac long; I saw through it and left within two weeks; I was successful cold calling though, was able to schedule 25 appointments of the first week (5 per day) after I left their little 'agency training class'. I wasn't afraid to cold call, but knew, by god, if they didn't allow you to introduce the company nor have business cards when you went out then there was little legitimacy in it for me. I would not recommend Aflac to anyone. And Russ is right, it is a grind mill of agents. I had my license before I went with them.

Back