Agent Needs Good Company for Term Life

I suspect most people who can't qualify for preferred plus or preferred rates can't do so due to being over weight. Consider this article:

The Whole World Is Getting Fatter, New Survey Finds - NBC News

It says:

nearly 30 percent of the global population, or 2.1 billion people, are either overweight or obese.​

and then says:

Americans make up 13 percent of the global overweight and obese population.​

13% of 2.1 billion is 274 million, which if you do the math, means that there are less than 60 million people in the U.S. who are thin/trim.

Of course the weight levels to qualify as NOT overweight are likely to be more stringent than what is required to qualify for preferred, but I think there is reason to believe my suspicions are correct.

And given that BP and cholesterol are often problems related to weight, I suspect the life insurance height/weight charts are the biggest hurdle for more in trying to get preferred.

I suspect most people who can't qualify for preferred plus or preferred rates can't do so due to being over weight. Consider this article:

The Whole World Is Getting Fatter, New Survey Finds - NBC News

It says:

nearly 30 percent of the global population, or 2.1 billion people, are either overweight or obese.​

and then says:

Americans make up 13 percent of the global overweight and obese population.​

13% of 2.1 billion is 274 million, which if you do the math, means that there are less than 60 million people in the U.S. who are thin/trim.

Of course the weight levels to qualify as NOT overweight are likely to be more stringent than what is required to qualify for preferred, but I think there is reason to believe my suspicions are correct.

And given that BP and cholesterol are often problems related to weight, I suspect the life insurance height/weight charts are the biggest hurdle for more in trying to get preferred.

Don't forget family history. That is a biggie to knock a lot of people out of preferred plus or preferred.

Back