Agents: Use LIFE's Insure Your Love Campaign to Kick Off the Year

LIFE_Foundation

People buy life insurance to financially protect those they love. Subtract love, and there is little incentive to sign that life insurance contract. To make sure the public understands the close connection between love and life insurance, the nonprofit LIFE Foundation is launching a new awareness campaign — Insure Your Love — beginning in mid-January and culminating on Valentine’s Day.

“It’s the perfect campaign at the perfect time for insurance professionals to remind their clients and prospects of the need to protect the ones they love through proper life insurance planning,” says Jon Dressner, LIFE’s senior vice president and chief creative officer. “Our hope is that Insure Your Love will become a potent marketing opportunity in the first quarter of the year, similar to what Life Insurance Awareness Month has become in the latter. It
gives the industry yet another chance to engage consumers in a dialogue about life insurance, but in a way that is lighthearted, fun and emotional.”

In the weeks leading up to Valentine’s Day, the LIFE Foundation is encouraging insurance companies and producers to “hitch a ride with Cupid” to get their clients and prospects thinking about life insurance. As a spokesperson for the campaign, LIFE turned to none other than Cupid himself. Cupid is actually New York City-based comedian Jared Logan, who was hired to dress up as the master of love and ask people on the street about their views on love and life insurance. The microsite for the campaign is located at insureyourlove dot org and Cupid’s interviews can be seen there beginning in mid-January.

“People will do just about anything to avoid focusing on their life insurance needs, so we’ve decided to use humor to make the subject more approachable,” says Dressner.

In addition to the Cupid videos, the LIFE Foundation is delivering a range of awareness-building activities including consumer advertising, radio promotions, outreach to the news media, and the Crazy4Love Photo Contest, which you can learn about at lifehappens dot org.

To make it easy for insurance companies to quickly create an effective marketing program around the campaign, LIFE provides a how-to marketing kit including many free and customizable resources from approach letters and eCards, to Insure Your Love branded products. The toolkit is available on LIFE's website.

Re: Agents: Use LIFE's Insure Your Love Campaign to Kick Off the

I don't think this is spam... I have used stuff from their web site before. They have great stuff.
These are the guys are behind the National Insurance Awareness Month. They are spending donated dollars to help improve OUR image and to help create awareness for the need for life insurance.

Last edited:

There are many legitimate organizations....if all of them came here to post twice about the great things they do and never come back, the board would be flooded with the same type of advertisements, even if the stuff is free. That's what I call spam, maybe I'm nuts.

And thats what this board is here for.....providing something helpful and useful.....instead of people posting services that make the poster money....its kind of refreshing really.......so if your offended and it seems to be spam this will help you get your mind off it.....

There are many legitimate organizations....if all of them came here to post twice about the great things they do and never come back, the board would be flooded with the same type of advertisements, even if the stuff is free. That's what I call spam, maybe I'm nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks moderator for pointing out the benefits of the LIFE Foundation to the industry. LIFE's mission is to educate consumers to help them make smart insurance decisions, and in doing this we provide a number of great "marketing" tools agents should take advantage of throughout the year -- Insure Your Love is one of those opportunities. We just released a kit to encourage agents to use the campaign as a marketing platform in the first part of this year. It is available at www dot lifehappens dot org backslash lovekit. Questions? email me.

Back