AIG Vs Transamerica

DiegoInsGuy

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
My wife is contemplating the career agent position through AIG and Transamerica here in CA.

The reason for the pick between the 2 is because she wants to sell the Term with Living benefits. Does anyone know any of the major differences between the two companies as to which carrier has better payouts with the Living benefits, liberal underwriting, and why you would choose one company over the other?

Also any comments on which career agent program might be better and why..

Thank You for any input.

I sell both companies and I find aig much more aggressive in underwriting.i have no idea about the career side

Aggressive to issue. I had 250k on a smoker with skin cancer they prerated standard smoker and changed it to preferred smoker premium near $10k a yr. Many cases like that.

Aggressive to issue. I had 250k on a smoker with skin cancer they prerated standard smoker and changed it to preferred smoker premium near $10k a yr. Many cases like that.

I agree...I would much rather send a tougher case to AIG than Trans.

AIG also tables off of "special" (like S+...basically like Banner) so even your tabled cases look better.

I have no experience with either as a captive though...

I agree...I would much rather send a tougher case to AIG than Trans.

AIG also tables off of "special" (like S+...basically like Banner) so even your tabled cases look better.

I have no experience with either as a captive though...

Unless thhey have changed with the last round of restructuring, the captive side of AGLA/AIG is nothing like the brokerage side of AIG. The underwriting will drive you nuts.

Thank to all of you for the input so far.

Does anyone have any thoughts on who has the "better" living benefits program. The AIG recruiter of course says that they do since they invented the living benefits policies.

Also, I am still looking for input on the 2 career programs pros and cons.

Thanks

Production requirements are higher with TA to hit higher payouts than AIG FN. With AIG, $675 life production/week=100% comp.

----------

Also, the living benefits with AIG has the option to buy an additional rider for a stated benefit in addition to the accelerated amount for chronic & critical.

Back