Alternatives for Newbies

cwhittemore

As a newbie scanning posts and replies regarding the absurdity of the cost of leads and low commissions offered by companies such as Equis & Symmetry I haven't seen too many offering legitimate alternatives. I haven't scanned everything so I'm sure I missed some. Can the forum community please offer some solid alternatives for us new to the business? Us newbies are only able to compare what we have been exposed to. Equis and Symmetry do a great job recruiting so we wind up choosing between these two as we don't know the legitimate alternatives. Please help.

If you're new I would strongly suggest looking at a career company to start at. Chances are you will get a better insurance education that you will carry with you throughout your career. 4 or 5 years in you can decide if going independent is for you.

Yes, career agency commissions are usually lower, but you get a free insurance education if you do it right, so it's a trade off. If you're only concerning yourself out of the gate with how big a commission you will get, well usually within a year you'll be doing something else.

Go where you'll actually learn product knowledge, where they will teach you about how each type of insurance works. Do that and the payoff later will be more business.

I started off with a company similar to the ones you mentioned. I had a local agency that taught me the business. Without it I don't think I would be in business today.

LGimore is spot with the importance of training. You can always get higher comp elsewhere but if you don't have training you probably won't make it.

As a newbie scanning posts and replies regarding the absurdity of the cost of leads and low commissions offered by companies such as Equis & Symmetry I haven't seen too many offering legitimate alternatives. I haven't scanned everything so I'm sure I missed some. Can the forum community please offer some solid alternatives for us new to the business? Us newbies are only able to compare what we have been exposed to. Equis and Symmetry do a great job recruiting so we wind up choosing between these two as we don't know the legitimate alternatives. Please help.

Please feel free to give me a call. I would be happy to point you in the right direction. In regards to your statement, I start off ALL of my agents at great comp and I never "dock" them for "training". What you have to realize is that companies like Symmetry and Equis truly operate as MLM's. I started in the business with Symmetry and actually did very well, but I woke up and realized that not only could I do better, but I could do better for my agents! So, I made the change and have never looked back!

Back